Register

ADVERTISEMENT

12Next
Return to list New
View: 10941|Reply: 20

Laura Branigan dies

[Copy link]
Post time 6-9-2004 05:57 PM | Show all posts |Read mode

Branigan died of a brain aneurysm Thursday in her sleep at her home in East Quogue, said her brother Mark Branigan. He said she had complained to a friend of a headache for about two weeks before she died, but had not sought medical attention.

Gloria, a signature song from her debut album Branigan, stayed atop the pop charts for 36 weeks and earned her a Grammy nomination for best female pop vocalist, the first of four nominations in her career. (Related audio: Branigan sings Gloria)

She also made television appearances, including guest spots on CHIPS, and in the films Mugsy's Girls and Backstage.

Branigan released seven albums after her Branigan, including Solitaire, Self Control, and How Am I Supposed to Live Without You, which was co-written with Michael Bolton. Her songs also appeared on soundtracks for the films Flashdance and Ghostbusters.

Branigan, born July 3, 1957, and raised in Brewster, N.Y., attended the Academy of Dramatic Arts in Manhattan. During the late 1970s, she toured Europe as a backing vocalist for Canadian singer and songwriter Leonard Cohen. She signed as a solo artist with Atlantic Records in 1982.

After her run of success in the 1980s, her releases in the early 1990s attracted little attention. In 1994, she sang a duet with David Hasselhoff called I Believe for the soundtrack of the television show Baywatch. She released a 13-track Best of Branigan LP the next year.

After the death of her husband, Lawrence Kruteck, in 1996, Branigan stopped performing but returned to the stage in 2001. In 2002 she starred as Janis Joplin in the off-Broadway musical Love, Janis, which earned her rave reviews.

Branigan recently had been working on material for a new release.

She is survived by her mother, two brothers and a sister. Funeral services were scheduled for Monday.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 6-9-2004 07:52 PM | Show all posts

hmmm biar betul Laura Brannigan dah mati ......
Fly minat ngan Laura Brannigan ...
smua lagu yang dia nyanyi Fly suka ....
suara dia mmg besh ... serak2 basah ... muka pun lawa gak ...

ciannya dia dah mati ....
muda lagi tuh .........
:cry: :cry: :cry:

Use magic Report

Post time 6-9-2004 08:08 PM | Show all posts
Suara dia mmg best. lagu dia mengingatkan kisah masa dulu dulu...solitare, selfcontrol dll.

RIP.

Use magic Report

Post time 6-9-2004 08:46 PM | Show all posts
same birthdate as me :cry:

Use magic Report

Post time 7-9-2004 09:36 AM | Show all posts
tak kenal. tapi lagu gloria tu mcm penah dengar.

Use magic Report

Post time 7-9-2004 11:35 AM | Show all posts
Laura Branigan ni sapa eh?:stp: tapi nama dia ni cam familiar jer..

Use magic Report

Follow Us
whoababy This user has been deleted
Post time 7-9-2004 02:16 PM | Show all posts
Heard this news  a few weeks back...

Use magic Report

Post time 8-9-2004 12:47 AM | Show all posts

Mention Laura Branigan and even the most tone-deaf among us will start to hum Gloria. The chart-topping platinum hit which launched her career. It held its position at the top of Billboard's Top Ten for 22 weeks, so it's not surprising that many consider this to be her signature song. However, Laura Branigan, a four-time Grammy Award nominee with album and single sales exceeding ten million in the United States alone, has had three other top ten hits,  Self Control, How Am I Suppose To Live Without You, and Solitaire, and many other top forty hits including Power Of Love, The Lucky One, and Spanish Eddie, to name just a few.

Laura describes herself as being "obsessed with music" and says that as much as she enjoys working with other musicians in the studio --she's recorded eight albums and is currently working on another--nothing compares to performing for a live audience. She has performed for audiences in the United States, Europe, Asia and Africa, touring the world several times, but the thrill of performing live never fails her." When you're on stage", she says "the audience becomes your other half. It's the ultimate high you can reach as a musician--an incredible feeling. And no matter where I am it's the same; there's a reason we call music the universal language."

Laura's five octave range, and sheer power of her vocal instrument, make it possible to not only fill an arena with the wail of raw emotion, but to also caress a lyric so tenderly it seems to shimmer with sound.  To even the most causal observer it is clear she was meant to sing. Surprisingly though, it was not always clear to Laura. She talks freely about her development as a musician, explaining that it was only after touring with Leonard Cohen as a background vocalist that she realized what she wanted most was to sing. After returning from Europe with Cohen, she met with music industry legends Ahmet Ertegen and Doug Morris.

The rest of the story is well documented in music history. In addition to platinum sales of her Self Control album and the single Gloria, Laura struck gold with the Self Control title track well as with the albums Branigan and Branigan2.She has sung for audiences on every continent and her Best Of... albums have sold millions in every world market including Europe, Asia, Africa and the Pacific Rim. Impressive as her career has been, however, Laura doesn't believe in looking back. Instead she is focused on the work she is doing now.

"In the beginning" she says "all I wanted was to express myself emotionally with my voice. That's all that mattered to me. But over the years I learned a lot about the different elements it takes to make a song work. Now I think I'm getting it all down. I know I'm doing the best work of my career and I'm really excited about what the future holds." Laura's Gloria-99 The Remix and Back In Control were released in 1999.

Branigan returned to the public eye in 2002, earning rave reviews with her portrayal of Janis Joplin in the hit New York City musical - Love, Janis. ~ Greg Prato, All Music Guide

source: Official Site Laura Branigan

Laura Branigan agak femes pd tahun 80'an ....
Fly membesar ngan lagu-lagu ...
dikatakan Fly selalu dengar lagu-lagu dia ........

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

seek1u This user has been deleted
Post time 8-9-2004 01:34 AM | Show all posts
aku mmg kenal laura branigan ni ngan lagu gloria dia tu la..

mmg catchy lagu..dah mati pun ek...rip la..

Use magic Report

Post time 8-9-2004 09:41 AM | Show all posts
Sedihnya - lagu GLORIA dia memang top dulu.........

Use magic Report

Post time 9-9-2004 10:38 AM | Show all posts
Power of Love pon dia ada nyanyikan...

album kompilasi Power of love tu...
suka sore dier yg serak2 basah..like mine jerr...
tapi mine serak2 kering...

Use magic Report

Post time 9-9-2004 06:50 PM | Show all posts

Fly suggest dengar album Laura Branigan 2 (1983) n Self Control (1984) .... d besh album yg pnah Fly dengar ....

Use magic Report

Post time 11-9-2004 08:56 AM | Show all posts
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Ow Me God!!....Rest In Peace....walaupon sbnornyer tak peace pon

Use magic Report

Post time 12-9-2004 01:18 AM | Show all posts
aku pun tak berapa kenal dia nih....

Use magic Report

Post time 12-9-2004 06:03 PM | Show all posts
yg tak kenal die tu, kalo korang dengo lagu2 die, gerenti kenal. hehehe tu baru pure artist. org appreciate suare ngan bakat. sampai mati pon org tak kenal... hahahah~

Use magic Report

Post time 15-9-2004 02:35 AM | Show all posts
betul tu.... biasanya kalau artis yg kita tau lagu tapi tak kenal orangnya, org tu mmg jual muzik/lagu/bakat dia....

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 15-10-2004 01:53 PM | Show all posts
you take myself.. you take myself control!!

used to love that song like hell!!

Use magic Report

Post time 21-10-2004 08:22 PM | Show all posts

suka lagu Ti Amo ... Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow ... then lagu Solitaire ...
banyak ler lagu Laura Brannigan yg besh2 ........
suara dia dah ler serak2 ........

Use magic Report

Post time 18-8-2005 11:20 PM | Show all posts
Suka jugak dengan lagu2 dia..best!

Use magic Report

Post time 20-8-2009 02:08 PM | Show all posts
gua rate dia lebih superior daripada Celine Dion!!! and i meant it .. sape nak curse gua pasal statement ni, go ahead, gua rilek jer!!!

Use magic Report

12Next
Return to list New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

19-4-2024 11:08 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.086172 second(s), 45 queries .