CARI Infonet

Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

Author: leon_mclaren78

[Apple TV+] PACHINKO 파친코 ~ Lee Minho, Kim Minha, Youn Yuhjung (25.03.2022)

[Copy link]
Post time 29-1-2022 03:18 PM | Show all posts
Edited by eddlisa_uyuk at 4-2-2022 09:17 AM

----spam----

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 29-1-2022 05:00 PM | Show all posts
leon_mclaren78 replied at 15-5-2021 12:47 PM
Antara gambar2 yang berjaya dirakam oleh stalker fandom Lee Minho di lokasi shooting di Vancouver, C ...

Tingginye heols..
Yg lain sume dok bwh ketiak je

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 30-1-2022 12:23 AM | Show all posts
‘Pachinko’ TV adaptation: release date, plot details, cast and everything we know so far
Min Jin Lee’s critically acclaimed novel comes to life with a star-studded cast

By
Daniel Peters
27th January 2022

Pachinko, the beloved epic historical novel by Min Jin Lee, is getting a television adaptation. Thanks to Apple TV+, we can soon expect a show of similarly lofty ambitions. A stacked list of actors and directors, including Korean icon Lee Min-ho, has already been confirmed.

Lee’s novel follows the trials and tribulations of Korean immigrants in turn-of-the-century Japan, which unfolds over four generations. The 2017 book was praised for its depiction of institutional racism, prejudice and gripping intimacy under a distinct Asian lens, told in three languages – English, Korean and Japanese.

The list of talent involved ensures this upcoming series will be one to watch. Here’s what we know so far.

What is the plot of Pachinko?
Pachinko details the journey of a Korean family who move to Japan in a period of the country’s occupation of a then-unified Korea and their involvement in World War II. The story begins in 1883, but the bulk of the novel’s story takes place between 1910 to 1989.

The main appeal of Pachinko is Lee’s effortless weaving of individual characters within this timeline. Its main protagonist is Sunja, whose journey to Japan in the midst of poverty reveals a deep-rooted undercurrent of intolerance towards Koreans in the country. Her story entwines with the life of Hansu, a mysterious Korean merchant born into a rich Japanese family, along with a host of characters that are both Korean and Japanese.

What ensues is a multi-generational tale that The Guardian pronounced a “rich tribute to a people that history seems intent on erasing”.

When will Pachinko be released?
On January 26 2022, Apple TV+ announced that the first three episodes of Pachinko will premiere on the platform on March 25. Each subsequent episode will premiere every Friday until the season wraps on April 29.

How long is Pachinko?
While the novel stands at a hefty 490 pages, per Deadline the show is currently booked as a limited eight-episode special. It’s not yet confirmed if showrunner Soo Hugh (The Terror) will diligently follow the events of the book or add any new plot elements.

On January 26, Apple TV+ confirmed that the series will consist of eight episodes – although its runtime has not been announced.

Who will act in Pachinko?
With the show involving dialogue in English, Japanese and Korean, and with set locations across several continents, according to Deadline, the talent on board spans from established Asian stars to Hollywood upstarts.

The main cast of the show was revealed last October, led by beloved South Korean actor Lee Min-ho. The star of The King: Eternal Monarch will play Hansu.

For the role, Lee auditioned for the showrunners – which, the actor told GQ Korea, as reported by Soompi, he hadn’t had to do in a decade due to his surging popularity since 2009’s Boys Over Flowers. “I felt very pressured about having to do well. I was really nervous and excited, and I was really happy when I got the part,” he said. Lee’s The King co-star Jung Eun-chae joins him on this project, playing the supporting role of Kyunghee.

The novel centres on the main protagonist Sunja, who will be played by Minari star Youn Yuh-jung, her agency Hook Entertainment confirmed. In a February interview with Los Angeles Times, the veteran actress said that she enjoys taking on new projects and challenging herself. “I read the novel and I was really touched: ‘It’s me, and I can play this role really well.'”

Meanwhile, teenage Sunja will be played by Kim Min-ha. Known for his roles in Netflix’s Devs and the Chicago production of Hamilton, the Korean-American actor will play Solomon, an ambitious young man tied up by his family’s past.

Japanese actors Soji Arai and Kaho Minami will portray Mozasu and Etsuko, respectively. The former is a successful businessman and father of Solomon, while the latter is an independent woman in search of her estranged daughter. Japanese-New Zealand actress Anna Sawai, who has an upcoming role in the ninth Fast & Furious film, will play Naomi, a tenacious careerist making her way in the male-dominated world of finance.

Actor Jung Woong-in is also expected to join the cast, JoongAng Daily reported in January.

Directors Kogonada and Justin Chon are set to direct four episodes each, with Kogonada – praised for his artful film essays and 2017 debut Columbus – locked in for the show’s pilot episode. Both directors will also serve as executive producers alongside Min Jin Lee herself.

Michael Ellenberg and Lindsey Springer will executive produce for Media Res; Theresa Kang-Lowe executive produces for Blue Marble Pictures; and Media Res’ Dani Gorin co-executive produces, along with Richard Middleton, David Kim and Sebastian Lee.

Has Pachinko started filming?
Yes, Panchiko has already begun filming. At the end of March 2021, several fans spotted actress Kim Min-ha in costume on set. She appeared to be filming at the same location where Lee Min-ho was seen earlier.

On March 17, fans shared photos and videos of Lee Min-ho on set. The actor was spotted shooting a scene at the Britannia Shipyards National Historic Site in Canada.

Speaking to LA Times in February, Youn Yuh-jung confirmed that she had arrived in Vancouver, Canada to begin filming for Pachinko.

What has the cast said about the television adaptation of Pachinko?
In a September 2021 interview with Esquire Korea, Lee Min-ho said that he wanted to portray his character Hansu truthfully by properly reflecting “the male image from that era”.

“I wanted to be true to the character,” he said. “So I tried to focus on how desperate they were to survive in that period [of time].”

The actor added: “I wanted to express the man who has desperately survived and met the woman he loved. And I really wanted to portray well how one can love one another.”

On January 25 2022, showrunner Soo Hugh said: “They say there are those projects that come along and change the very core of who you are as a filmmaker and a person. Undoubtedly, ‘Pachinko’ is that project for me.”

She continued: “Not only is this a story of my forebears, it’s my tribute to them — to all of the Sunjas buried deep in all of our family’s history. It’s been an incredible honour to bring this series to life with this dedicated and gifted cast and crew.”

Is there a trailer for Pachinko?
No, a trailer for the series has not yet been released. It will most likely arrive closer to the premiere date.

However, Apple TV+ has released several official stills from the show.

How can I watch Pachinko?
Since Pachinko is an Apple original, it will be released exclusively on the tech giant’s on demand streaming television service Apple TV+. The service is available on the Apple TV app, which comes for free on any Apple device for one year.

source: nme.com

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 31-1-2022 11:01 PM | Show all posts
Edited by leon_mclaren78 at 31-1-2022 11:03 PM

Sementara tunggu drama ni release bulan March nnt... mari tengok fans cam kat Vancouver ms Lee Minho shooting kat sana last year (Februari - April 2021).

We went to Pacific Central Station and waited for 5 hours, but no signs of LMH. They were also filming at Colebrook at the same time. We decided to go there and check if he is there and voila LMH just arrived. It was dark, freezing cold in the middle of nowhere and we were all behaved (so that crews won't let us leave) and waited patiently until he finished filming. We thought we won't be able to see him, but he walked towards us waved, smiled, greeted us, told us to go home because it's already late (2:30AM). He is humble, kind, and caring to his minoz. I hope he won't ever leave Vancouver . All efforts paid off after one month of chasing and finding LEE MIN HO on the set of Pachinko at different locations all over Vancouver.

Use magic Report

Post time 31-1-2022 11:32 PM | Show all posts
Jeanette Lee, the black widow, has a terminal illness, the fourth stage of ovarian cancer. Learn about the Billiards player Jeanette Lee Net Worth, kids, husband, and more.

Use magic Report

Post time 1-2-2022 11:22 PM | Show all posts
Edited by eddlisa_uyuk at 4-2-2022 09:17 AM

---spam---

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 2-2-2022 10:11 AM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Noa

This post contains more resources

You have to Login for download or view attachment(s). No Account? Register

x

Use magic Report

Post time 2-2-2022 10:39 PM | Show all posts
Are you curious to know about the causes behind Mark Vodopija death? You can check out this blog to know everything.
Are you wondering how Jeff Wittek mullet style is? You can check out the blog to know every detail about the trending hairstyle.
If you want to know about Rudolph Isley and his brothers, click to read!

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 3-2-2022 10:27 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts

Pachinko Cast featured in Harper's Bazaar US

Edited by animefan at 18-3-2022 12:13 AM

The drama starring Lee Min Ho, Youn Jung and others will be launched in March. The US version of Bazaar February issue also invited the main creators to interview and shoot 8P's special content for publicity

x

Use magic Report

Post time 3-2-2022 10:29 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts

x

Use magic Report

Post time 3-2-2022 10:43 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Edited by animefan at 11-2-2022 01:51 AM

x

Use magic Report

Post time 3-2-2022 11:01 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts

x

Use magic Report

Post time 4-2-2022 12:22 AM | Show all posts
Edited by eddlisa_uyuk at 4-2-2022 09:16 AM

-----spam-----

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 11-2-2022 12:33 AM From the mobile phone | Show all posts

Custome concept design of "Pachinko"

Edited by animefan at 18-3-2022 12:15 AM

x

Use magic Report

Post time 11-2-2022 12:40 AM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
From Justin chon IG with yoon yeojung & kim young ok

x

Use magic Report

Post time 11-2-2022 12:46 AM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Justin chon IG story

x

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 11-2-2022 12:50 AM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Concept design & set drawing for Sunja home in Yeongdo.

-Andong Hahoe Folk Village-

x

Use magic Report

Post time 11-2-2022 01:03 AM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
The boarding house in Yeongdo located at Andong Hahoe Folk Village

x

Use magic Report

Post time 11-2-2022 01:13 AM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Final day of sound mix

x

Use magic Report

Post time 11-2-2022 01:24 AM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
The boarding house in Yeongdo located at Andong Hahoe Folk Village

x

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

19-4-2024 10:58 AM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.336507 second(s), 49 queries .