relau Publish time 2-8-2015 01:44 AM

The Dhammapada Ch 1-3, Ch 1-4, & Ch 1-5

The Dhammapada Ch 1-3, Ch 1-4, & Ch 1-5

Summary..

"He abused me, he struck me, he overpowered me, he robbed me."Those who harbor such thoughts do not still their hatred.

"He abused me, he struck me, he overpowered me, he robbed me."Those who do not harbor such thoughts still their hatred.

Hatred is never appeased by hatred in this world.By non-hatred alone is hatred appeased.This is a law eternal.

Learning Points:

"He abused me."This was suffering caused by him and received by you.At first, he created negative cause while you have not created any cause.However, if you harbor such thought, you will not still your hatred.Therefore, you will create another (unnecessary) suffering for yourself.
If you do not harbor such though, you will not create any suffering for yourself as you will be suffering-neutral status.
However, "By non-hatred" does not mean that you should simply accept everything patiently.It really means that we must observe and think everything correctly based on the middle path.If you are on the middle path, you can see even his position as well as your position.Then,you will be able to see the whole picture.In some case, you may find some reason for his actions to you.Remember that you are thinking with your mercy (your mercy on him) when you think about him.
In order to be on the middle path, you must be able to bring yourself onto the middle path (You need to practice to be able to bring yourself onto the middle path).Being on the middle path will make you not only spiritually correct (merciful) but also sensitive to the truths of the Buddha.
Posted by Shingyo Temple at 12:17 PM

more please visit the video here:   pMwJzFtj8EI
Pages: [1]
View full version: The Dhammapada Ch 1-3, Ch 1-4, & Ch 1-5

ADVERTISEMENT