manjalara_01 Publish time 14-3-2015 10:35 PM

Tori Amos_"Jackie's Strength"

gSjsDkJOqhM

manjalara_01 Publish time 14-3-2015 11:44 PM

General Comment
"Inspired by Jacqueline Bouvier Kennedy. "I saw Jackie as a bride - and I used to think I would never be a bride. I started to look to Jackie and how that woman held the country together after she watched her husband get cut down right in front of her."

"This wonderful boy had asked me to marry him, and of course I said yes, but I was shocked. You know, there was a part of me that had sworn that would never happen. You fantasize about what it would be like on that day, and then you fantasize about never having that day. Then you're a vigilante and you will never have it. The, all of a sudden, there it is, and you're wondering, 'are we going to make it? half of all marriages end in divorce. is that us?' That was all going on as I got lost on my wedding day."

This whole part, to me:

stickers licked on lunch boxes
worshipping David Cassidy
yeah I mooned him once on Donna's box
she's still in recovery
sleep-overs Beene's got some pot
you're only popular with anorexia
so I turn myself inside out
in hope someone will see

Talks about the thrill of being free and immaturity. And sticking to immaturity. Your pre-wedding and pre-relationship time. Hanging out with friends, not wanting to give that up.

"You said we were the real thing," is a guy lying to her to get what he wants... so she needs Jackie's strength to get through it.

Make me laugh
Say you know
What you want
So I show
You some more
And I learn
What black magic can do

Is her learning about the pain that can come from showing someone too much

Pages: [1]
View full version: Tori Amos_"Jackie's Strength"

ADVERTISEMENT