Sephiroth Publish time 5-1-2015 11:08 AM

Islam forbids men from being home-makers.

Source : http://www.themalaymailonline.com/malaysia/article/islam-forbids-men-from-becoming-homemakers-says-religious-research-centre

KUALA LUMPUR, Jan 4 — Islam prohibits its married men from being the homemaker in the family, the government’s Malaysian Institute of Islamic Understanding (Ikim) has said, amid Putrajaya’s efforts to discourage women from dropping out of the workforce to raise children.

Siti Fatimah Abdul Rahman, consultation and exercise unit leader in Ikim’s centre for economic and social studies, said the Quran mandates the husband, not the wife, to provide for the household, the Sunday edition of local daily New Straits Times reported today

“Although there is no prohibition for wives to work and even if the wife earns 10 times more than the husband, he still has to provide basic sustenance for the family,” Siti Fatimah was quoted saying in the New Sunday Times report.

The official from the government research centre cited the Quranic verse 34 of chapter An-Nisa in her argument that Islam made it imperative for men to be breadwinners and said it was unacceptable for a husband to manage the home while earning nothing.

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Muhammad himself worked under Siti Khadijah (as a trader) and continued to manage HER business after his marriage to her at age of 25 and continued to do so till he reached around 40 years old?

How is it having a woman working seems to be no problem for Muhammad when he was nothing more than just another Arab but wrong after he become a Muslim? Is this a logical thing or sensible thing? The article talks about giving children a good family background to grow in BUT seems to fail to answer what could happen if the husband who works did not get enough money to pay for the child's educational needs?

I have personally had witnessed a Malay woman who had four (male) children and her husband divorced her because he wasn't earning enough money which she was the main income of the family and she refused to allow her eldest son to quit school and join her husband selling karipap by the road side.

Sephiroth Publish time 5-1-2015 01:02 PM

Edited by Sephiroth at 5-1-2015 01:05 PM

What? Muslim men don't dare to address this issue? They required to answer the following questions :-

1. Can Muslim men able to provide successfully to their family (especially one which had a lot of children) with their meager salary?

IF a Muslim men is a bank Exco or something, not only he can afford a family with a dozen kids but also have four wives if he likes. But how about those fellows selling karipap by the road side? What will happen to his children if he cannot afford basic things like clothing, food and education?

2. With current economic condition, is it wise for Muslim men to stop their wives from working and become a sole bread winner in the family?

Many non-Muslims are encouraging young people to work, even after they get married and have children due to the economic problems now. But here, Muslim clergies are encouraging exact opposite. They are telling Muslim men to work and (force) women to stay home. Is that economically wise choice? I don't think so.

3. What will happen to a family IF a muslim male were end up unable to support his family due to some unfortunate situation - like if the Muslim man died or worse, hospitalized with long term sickness?

In such situation, muslim women have no choice but to go to work, but how many people (muslims especially) willing to give her work - especially if they come to believe that muslim women cannot work? What choice she has except to beg? FYI- receiving ANY form of monetary help from anyone - either individuals OR organizations like JAIS and NGO ARE IS EQUIVALENT TO BEGGING. Islam encouraging Muslims to beg in such dire situation?
4. And finally - with the large gap in educational level between Muslim male and female and a large dropout among Muslim men in universities, what exactly can Muslim men accomplish here? Indirectly, Muslim clerics here are discouraging Muslim women from education while doing NOTHING to promote Muslim men from continue their own education to a higher state.

If this continues, only place Muslim men able to work could be in road sides selling karipaps, cheap handphones and other things while they have dozens of kids who is lacking in everything from basic clothing to basic education.

IS THIS WHAT ISLAM IS AFTER?

robertocarbos Publish time 5-1-2015 01:32 PM

At least Muhammad is WORKING. Well, last time I check Jesus is not working, wonder around preaching about life, so does Buddha. So does this mean they are LAZY? Interesting

sam1528 Publish time 5-1-2015 01:46 PM

Sephiroth replied at 5-1-2015 01:02 PM
What? Muslim men don't dare to address this issue? They required to answer the following questions : ...

LOL , your argument takes the cake for being foolish and ill researched. Typical of you eh , meenachi sepiroth.

Quote from your post#1 :
“Although there is no prohibition for wives to work and even if the wife earns 10 times more than the husband, he still has to provide basic sustenance for the family,” This means that it is mandantory for the man to support his family. Can you now show me where in Hindusim that the religion makes it mandantory for the man to support his family?

Where is it in the Quran or Hadith that prohibit women to work? In your wet dreams?

For the woman to be a homemaker is a choice she makes. There is no compulsion in Islam .... not sure about Hindusim though. However the following is interesting though about Hindu women :
Historically in lower class societies the wife’s role is much different; you might say it was much harder. Their duty once again was to produce an heir, for female children were considered of no value, unless they could be married off to benefit thefamily in some manner, whether it is financially or materially. Those wives that could no produce an heir were usually beaten and treated no better than slaves.

The wife’s daily duty was to maintain the home, educate the children, and play her part in religious rituals alongside her husband. There are those wives in the lower classes that work in the field alongside their husbands, this added to an already long list of household duties and the raising of the children. These women are found to work twice as many hours during harvest time then their husbands and even their sons and receive no compensation for this as it is seen as their duties as a wife
It is found throughout the Hindu religion and in many of the mythologies and epicstories, where women had to prove their fidelity to their husbands. Was it not Sita whowas taken against her will from Rama because another man fell in love with her and was forcing her to become his bride; but it was Sita’s love for Rama that kept her strong. Yet when she is rescued and returned to her beloved Rama he does not believe her and infront of everyone, the royal family and the whole of the kingdom, Sita steps into the flames of the roaring pyre and is unscathed. Could a Hindu man be that willing to sacrifice himself for the love of a woman? It does make you wonder.
LOL , large gap in education between muslim males and females? Mau auta ka meenachi? There is a gap between females and males in education regardless of religion. This is a fact.

If the family is large , it is up to the parents to plan for their kids. Failure in such is on the parents planning. It has got nothing to do with the religion. Why are you so idiotic in your thinking? Hinduism has fried your brains or what? Issit too much samsu?

Sephiroth Publish time 5-1-2015 02:22 PM

robertocarbos replied at 5-1-2015 01:32 PM
At least Muhammad is WORKING. Well, last time I check Jesus is not working, wonder around preaching...

It means that they have renounced the Worldly life. People who had renounced Worldly life cannot have family, home or wealth. Your Muhammad had them all - therefore, he (Muhammad) is not equal to Jesus or Buddha.

ibujarikaki Publish time 5-1-2015 03:13 PM

Sephiroth replied at 5-1-2015 02:22 PM
It means that they have renounced the Worldly life. People who had renounced Worldly life cannot h ...

Tak pernah baca quran tapi cerita macam dah khatam 10 kali, sleepy eh?

Sephiroth Publish time 5-1-2015 03:20 PM

ibujarikaki replied at 5-1-2015 03:13 PM
Tak pernah baca quran tapi cerita macam dah khatam 10 kali, sleepy eh?

Kamu fikir semua budak yg sudah disunat itu boleh menghafal Al Quran 100% kah? Mereka yg disunat itu adalah sbg tanda mereka sudah habis baca Al Quran je, bukan berjaya menghafal apa2. {:1_550:}

robertocarbos Publish time 5-1-2015 03:53 PM

Sephiroth replied at 5-1-2015 07:20 AM
Kamu fikir semua budak yg sudah disunat itu boleh menghafal Al Quran 100% kah? Mereka yg disunat i ...

Then you think that your Religion is the true one ke?? What a joke. Tell me somethings. Is Jesus your GOD?

Sephiroth Publish time 5-1-2015 10:00 PM

robertocarbos replied at 5-1-2015 03:53 PM
Then you think that your Religion is the true one ke?? What a joke. Tell me somethings. Is Jesus y ...

You are OFFTOPIC here. The topic here is about Islam forbidding women from working and men from staying home.
I have placed FOUR reasons why this should not happen. So far, all Muslims here had done is whine. And you come along asking questions about Jesus which has nothing to do with this topic. {:1_541:}

anwarnuwa Publish time 6-1-2015 08:54 AM

Sephiroth replied at 5-1-2015 07:20 AM
Kamu fikir semua budak yg sudah disunat itu boleh menghafal Al Quran 100% kah? Mereka yg disunat i ...

{:laugho{:laugho{:laugho

mak cik sepi sangat memperbodohkan diri dengan kenyataan ini

robertocarbos Publish time 6-1-2015 09:29 AM

Sephiroth replied at 5-1-2015 02:00 PM
You are OFFTOPIC here. The topic here is about Islam forbidding women from working and men from st ...

Islam never forbid woman from working and driving. Check your fact right. It's like I'm saying Jesus forbid his follower to eat and drink, and they all should be crucified.

Sephiroth Publish time 6-1-2015 10:32 AM

robertocarbos replied at 6-1-2015 09:29 AM
Islam never forbid woman from working and driving. Check your fact right. It's like I'm saying Jes ...

Islam never forbid woman from working and driving.

So are you saying that the government’s Malaysian Institute of Islamic Understanding (Ikim) which made the statement (my first post) were LYING and MISINTERPERATING the Islam? {:1_550:}

Are you saying that Saudi Arab Government (land where your Islam came from) is wrong when it released fatwa preventing women from driving? {:1_550:}

robertocarbos Publish time 6-1-2015 11:05 AM

Sephiroth replied at 6-1-2015 02:32 AM
So are you saying that the government’s Malaysian Institute of Islamic Understanding (Ikim) ...

It os not a Fatwa. If you don't know what it is, shouldn't talk at all. It only make you look stupid. Of course they are wrong, just because one person saying or do somthing, doesn't reflect the entire religion. Then all the Pope like to sodomise young boy? ;P

Sephiroth Publish time 6-1-2015 12:01 PM

by robertocarbos

Of course they are wrong ...

Very well, I will send your reply to IKIM and see what they have to say to your response.
Pages: [1]
View full version: Islam forbids men from being home-makers.

ADVERTISEMENT