Sephiroth Publish time 23-10-2013 12:10 PM

Is Islam religion of God when it cannot even save itself?

Source : http://www.wikiislam.net/wiki/People_Who_Left_Islam

News of Muslims Leaving Islam

According to research carried out by the respected Pakistani-born American Muslim Dr. Ilyas Ba-Yunus (1932 - 2007), 75% of New Muslim Converts in the US leave Islam within a few years. Listen to the clip detailing this research (listen on Youtube)
2011 Pew worldwide study: "Islam loses as many adherents via conversion as it gains"

2 million ethnic Muslims converted to Christianity in Russia
"The number of ethnic Muslims in Russia who adopted Christianity is 2 million, while the number of the Orthodox who have been converted to Islam is only 2,5 thousand...The proportion of Muslims in North Ossetia has decreased at least by 30%, while in Beslan itself, where Muslims had comprised from 30 to 40% of the population, their number has decreased at least by half."
Roman Silantyev: executive secretary of the Inter-religious Council in Russia

Iraqis Shocked as Atheism Creeps in
In Africa, 6 million muslims convert to Christianity every year: (English Translation | Arabic)
"Islam used to represent, as you previously mentioned, Africa's main religion and there were 30 African languages that used to be written in Arabic script. The number of Muslims in Africa has diminished to 316 million, half of whom are Arabs in North Africa...
In every hour, 667 Muslims convert to Christianity. Everyday, 16,000 Muslims convert to Christianity. Ever year, 6 million Muslims convert to Christianity. These numbers are very large indeed".

gunblade712 Publish time 23-10-2013 05:58 PM

Thank you for sharing an article about Islam from wikiislam. However, the site was founded by Ali Sina :

"WikiIslam was created on October 27, 2005, in collaboration with Ali Sina and Faith Freedom International who provided the site with server space and exposure. The site was in a testing phase for about a year and on September 4, 2006, it was opened to the public.". (source here). The source itself makes it a bit biased. However, we do have a response about this issue. It's from Islamic Research Foundation International. Here are the response :
I am late in responding to this thread, but thought it is an important topic and I should share what I know about it. There are several ex-Muslims who are now Christian missionaries in the Chicago area. There are at least three Churches in Chicago land lead by ex-Muslims and about ten more are under training at a leading missionary school in Chicago . I first came to know about the ex-Muslim phenomena when Dr. Ilyas ba Yunus did his survey of Muslims in Illinois . The late Dr. Yunus was a sociology professor and founding president of ISNA. No one knows how many people leave Islam except the numbers given by Dr. ba Yunus. However, people leaving Islam are from the following four categories:

1. New Muslim leaving Islam: Dr. Ilyas Yunus survey told him that 50% people who accept Islam leave the faith within a few years. Many people who accept Islam in prisons do not find much support, Islamic brotherhood and sisterhood when they come out of the prison system. At my invitation he presented his findings to about 50 Muslim leaders and Imams in Chicago land area in a close door settings for us to learn from his findings. Unfortunately he refused to write on that topic, although he told me that his similar research in New York found that about 65% people leave Islam within a few years.

2. Refugees from Muslim countries. Muslim constitute half of all world refugees. When America accepts refugees from the world, they are assigned to any of the nine agencies in the US . These state department sanctioned agencies then work with 400 other associated entities. All of these agencies are Christian church run with two exceptions. One of them actively engage in conversions. However, other Christian agencies do not try to convert and actually ask Muslims to help these refugees with their needs including Islamic needs. Two efforts to get state department to sanction a Muslim agency to assist these refugees were denied in the past. In Chicago Sister Naazish Yar Khan runs a committee to offer assistance to these refugees in collaboration with Christian groups who do not try to convert them. Some of these refugees are already converted to Christianity before they arrive here.

3. immigrant Muslims: there are very active Christian outreach programs to Muslims with publications in Urdu in Devon and in Arabic in Bridgeview area. Once I spoke to a person with very Islamic name who told me that he used to be a Maulana in Pakistan but now has become a Christian. He wanted his name out from Sound Vision’s catalog mailing list. After 9/11 New York Times ran a story that the largest number of people who are changing their names through court system are Muslims adopting Christian names. The report did not talk about conversions.

4. Second generation Muslims: Many of the second generation Muslims do not know about Islam enough. Most of them are out of loop from Islamic education. Only about 4,000 students attend Islamic schools and about 9,000 attend weekend schools in Chicago area. The rest have mostly no connection. Many of their parents even don’t care for Islam. They were neither practicing Muslims in their homeland nor they practiced it here so their children had no knowledge of their heritage. Post 9/11 pressure also played a role. Some of you might have heard a true tragic love story on NPRs “this American Life” of a Muslim family where a five grader daughter who temporarily left Islam while her practicing parents were trying to protect her from extra-ordinary pressure by school students and teachers (http://www. thisamericanlife .org/Radio_ Episode.aspx? sched=1163) . According to a recent Gallup survey the young Muslims are the least satisfied with life as compared to any other religious community youth in America ..

Source here.

Nevertheless, we thank you for sharing this with us. This will help us to improve our dakwah so that our brothers won't feel abandon and/or left out after they have reverted back to Islam. I know a few cases where people felt the community abandoned them. Sad, but true.

gunblade712 Publish time 23-10-2013 05:58 PM

by the way, this phenomenon was already foretold by the Prophet s.a.w. :)

ct_og Publish time 24-10-2013 09:39 AM

walaupun ramai yang keluar Islam, namun lebih ramai lagi yang masuk Islam...Alhamdulillah.. Islam makin diterima ramai...

Salah satu link yang bercerita tentangnya : http://kristenpenghujat.blogspot.com/2012/05/islam-adalah-agama-tercepat.html

Baik Islam, atau kristian... itu agama yang menyembah Allah... agama yang menyembah selain Allah bagaimana? Tidakkah terasa ada pengecutan bilang orang untuk menerimanya kerana tidak percaya? Last edited by ct_og on 24-10-2013 09:50 AM

Pages: [1]
View full version: Is Islam religion of God when it cannot even save itself?

ADVERTISEMENT