阿谷子 Publish time 18-1-2013 09:18 PM

Question about 'Some Sayings of Jesus', Luke 16, GNT

16:16 "The Law of Moses and the writings of the prophets were in effect up to the time of John the Baptist;
But it is easier for heaven and earth to disappear than for the smallest detail of the Law to be done away with.

How do you consider the scripture above? Last edited by 阿谷子 on 21-1-2013 08:37 AM

阿谷子 Publish time 19-1-2013 10:12 PM

For Christ has brought the Law to an end, so that everyone who believes is put right with God. (Romans 10:4)

He abolished the Jewish Law with its commandments and rules (Ephesians 2:15) Last edited by 阿谷子 on 21-1-2013 08:12 AM

阿谷子 Publish time 20-1-2013 02:45 PM

Please also refer to Galatian 3: Law and Faith, The Law and the Promise.

阿谷子 Publish time 21-1-2013 08:40 AM

But please also consider Matthew 5:
Teaching about the Law
17“Do not think that I have come to do away with the Law of Moses and the teachings of the prophets. I have not come to do away with them, but to make their teachings come true. 18Remember that as long as heaven and earth last, not the least point nor the smallest detail of the Law will be done away with—not until the end of all things.a 19So then, whoever disobeys even the least important of the commandments and teaches others to do the same, will be least in the Kingdom of heaven. On the other hand, whoever obeys the Law and teaches others to do the same, will be great in the Kingdom of heaven. 20I tell you, then, that you will be able to enter the Kingdom of heaven only if you are more faithful than the teachers of the Law and the Pharisees in doing what God requires.

din_pc Publish time 22-1-2013 10:32 AM

+1 {:runo{:thumbo
Pages: [1]
View full version: Question about 'Some Sayings of Jesus', Luke 16, GNT

ADVERTISEMENT