Snow0057 Publish time 11-1-2012 02:22 PM

Google Site, Exabytes, Domain Name

Hi,
I got question regarding google site and exabytes.

If i built my site by using google site, can i use exabytes for my Web Hosting after i get a domain name for my site?

Urgently need an answer for this. Thanks for advance in helping me out.

firdaruddin Publish time 11-1-2012 02:58 PM

Hi,
I got question regarding google site and exabytes.

If i built my site by using google site, can i use exabytes for my Web Hosting after i get a domain name for my site?

Urgently need an answer for this. Thanks for advance in helping me out.
Snow0057 Post at 11-1-2012 14:22 http://mforum.cari.com.my/images/common/back.gif

hi, i don't think that it is possible. but you can create website using google site and get a domain to redirect to the google site's URL of your sites.

Snow0057 Publish time 11-1-2012 03:15 PM

That's mean, exabytes can't support google site as one of their site builder? if need to use exabytes to host a site, i need to use their template? is that right?

Snow0057 Publish time 12-1-2012 06:22 PM

One more question, if i get a domain name that redirect to the google site's URL, still it has google apps features, right? But can it be host in Exabyte?

hehe i might not really understand this situation. Just started to learn about website.
{:mlsmile:}

firdaruddin Publish time 12-1-2012 07:10 PM

Post Last Edit by firdaruddin at 12-1-2012 19:11

That's mean, exabytes can't support google site as one of their site builder? if need to use exabytes to host a site, i need to use their template? is that right?
Snow0057 Post at 11-1-2012 15:15 http://eforum.cari.com.my/images/common/back.gif
Yes.
One more question, if i get a domain name that redirect to the google site's URL, still it has google apps features, right? But can it be host in Exabyte?

hehe i might not really understand this situation. Just started to learn about website.
Snow0057 Post at 12-1-2012 18:22 http://eforum.cari.com.my/images/common/back.gif
Google apps feature? Such as?But basically, it is a yes to the first question and no to the 2nd question.

As a summary,

Exabyte - have their own server
Google site - hosted on their server.

domain - independent .Can be point to Google sites' URL or Exabyte URL.

Snow0057 Publish time 13-1-2012 10:51 AM

Reply 5# firdaruddin

a..... ic....

here is another question (another case), i want to get free domain name which mean no need to pay anything, heard from friends said i can get it in www.no-ip.com.

And, i created my account in there, how should i have the domain name without paying anythings, just for testing use, i mean the Steps (methode), I'm a bit confuse on the configuration things. Hope you can help me with this as well. {:mlsmile:}

kmkd Publish time 13-1-2012 02:28 PM

AFAIK, no-ip is the dynamic DNS service. just like dyndns. that can be use if you are hosting the site by urself e.g. using your computer at home.

1. why u dont wanna use google site domain address? coz you just wanna play with it rite?

oobi Publish time 14-1-2012 12:33 AM

a..... ic....

here is another question (another case), i want to get fre ...
Snow0057 Post at 13-1-2012 10:51 http://forum.cari.com.my/images/common/back.gif

well....you can get free domain. but, you can only use it on your own local area network (LAN). as long as it's in your LAN, you can create as many domain as you want.

however, if you want free domain over the wide area network (WAN - internet), somebody must be willing to give it to you. in other words, you can't! subdomain, yes - like yourname.blogspots.com or yourinfo.no-ip.info.

as for no-ip, it allows anybody who hosts a website or ftp site with dynamic ip to reach the site with internet domain, without having to type the ip address since ip address keeps changing and not easy to remember. however, you still need to get your own domain and pay for it.

my suggestion: if you want to learn more for free, just create your own LAN. you can install your own dns server, dhcp server, your own web/ftp sites, mail server, etc. you only need one very good and strong system, and use it to create as many virtual systems as you want.

otherwise, just use any free services with free subdomain.

Snow0057 Publish time 14-1-2012 11:03 AM

thanks for all your advice, i learned new things from here. But, i think there will be another question i would ask in coming times. :)
Pages: [1]
View full version: Google Site, Exabytes, Domain Name

ADVERTISEMENT