my-alja Publish time 15-12-2010 05:42 PM

Self-Improvement vs Self-Acceptance: Which is Right?

Salam

sorry, i'm kind of hurry...just wanna drop the Qs?..What do u think of it...
it's been in my mind since...errr. u know everytime i read about self development stuffs..hihihi

nanti i kongsimy verdict k...bye

ajinomotonosuga Publish time 15-12-2010 09:47 PM

self acceptance

my-alja Publish time 15-12-2010 11:33 PM

The Self-Improvement Junkies

At its extreme, the self-improvement movement preaches the importance of constantly getting better. That has some obvious advantages:

* You’ll improve your weaknesses – areas which may be holding you back
    * You may well improve your material conditions (your house, car, bank balance, etc)
    * You can achieve great things, accomplishing a lot not just for yourself but for the wider world

On the flip side, though, focusing too much on self-improvement means:

* You may feel despairing because you’re never quite happy with your life – however much you do
    * Your achievements can feel empty, especially if you’re chasing someone else’s goals rather than your own
    * You can become judgmental – looking at others and thinking “she should get out of debt” or “he should lose weight”

my-alja Publish time 15-12-2010 11:34 PM

The Self-Acceptance Hippies

The self-acceptance movement focuses on being happy with where you currently are. Again, there are some obvious advantages:

* You can celebrate and focus on your strengths – areas where you’re already excelling
    * You don’t need to do a great deal in order to be happier – instead of buying a new car, you can be satisfied with the one you have
    * You’re likely to be focused on kindness, compassion and acceptance of others

But there’s a down side again, because focusing too much on self-acceptance means:

* You may feel like you’re kidding yourself – trying (and failing) to be happy with your current life
    * You might not achieve very much, using self-acceptance as an excuse for laziness
    * You won’t necessarily stand up and speak out when there really is a need for change in the world

and read MORE http://www.pickthebrain.com/blog/self-improvement-vs-self-acceptance-which-is-right/

my-alja Publish time 15-12-2010 11:34 PM

self acceptance
ajinomotonosuga Post at 15-12-2010 21:47 http://mforum.cari.com.my/images/common/back.gif

why aji why?....

ajinomotonosuga Publish time 15-12-2010 11:46 PM

why aji why?....
my-alja Post at 15-12-2010 23:34 http://mforum.cari.com.my/images/common/back.gif

because i say so:lol:

kalo tangan mengapai bintang, biarlah kaki berpijak di bumi... this is why

natgar Publish time 24-12-2010 07:00 AM

back to the master key of the universe : balance.

cik.panda Publish time 24-12-2010 01:36 PM

well aku prefer self improvement, then

Emoloser Publish time 28-12-2010 02:15 PM

In spiritual side should be self improvement, in material side should be self acceptance.

my-alja Publish time 5-1-2011 07:46 AM

back to the master key of the universe : balance.
natgar Post at 24-12-2010 07:00 http://mforum.cari.com.my/images/common/back.gif

Yup...agreed!

Bila baca banyak sangat pasal self-improvement stuffs.....kekadang rasa kita tak jadi diri sendiri
Tak boleh itu, tak boleh ini....kalo semua orang kena seragam, hilang keunikkan individu

Banyak juga artikel yang suruh kita jadi diri sendiri, cuma keluar dr comfort zone for growing

roblucci Publish time 15-1-2011 12:03 AM

kita kena ada self acceptance dan pada masa yang sama boleh buat self improvement.self acceptance boleh meningkatkan esteem diri kita sekaligus meningkatkan keyakinan diri dalam menjalani kehidupan.bila kita kekurangan self acceptance diri kita akan menjadi nervous, gementar dan hilang fokus untuk berhadapan dengan masyarakat di luar ataupun untuk melakukan sesuatu perkara baru.

Heiro~ Publish time 15-1-2011 06:24 PM

Hmm I love to read posts on this board. As for me it would be both la :sweat3:

lordvoldemort Publish time 3-2-2011 10:44 AM

self improvement no 1

redsinner Publish time 3-2-2011 07:38 PM

i think manusia nih takleh lari dari perubahan.

makanya we need self-improvement to make ourselves better. then at one level where we feel comfortable, that is when we found self-acceptance.

manusia tak juge perfect. apa yg kita kurang, ada kelebihan dlm ciri2 lain.

seribulan Publish time 8-4-2011 11:59 AM

Hmm I love to read posts on this board. As for me it would be both la
Heiro~ Post at 15-1-2011 05:24 PM http://mforum2.cari.com.my/images/common/back.gif
do continue with the postings...:bye:

redsinner Publish time 28-4-2011 07:26 PM

i had another thought on this:

perhaps self-improvement would be applied in societal level, whereas self-acceptance is about our relationship with ourselves.

just my epiphany when i read the topic again. :)

winamp05 Publish time 3-6-2011 11:04 AM

best thread ni. aku upkan yek. sayangnya TT dah kene banhammer. kalau tak boleh sambung discuz.

rayna_raynes Publish time 7-6-2011 12:50 PM

balance. self improvement and self acceptance. To accept things you can't change, and to improve things you can :)

cik.panda Publish time 9-6-2011 04:14 PM

self-acceptance itu perlu supaya kita menghargai dan menerima diri sendiri. self acceptance kebanyakannya lebih merujuk kepada ciri2 material

self-improvement penting untuk meningkatkan diri dalam usaha menjadikan diri sendiri sebagai manusia yang lebih baik. misalnya dari segi ilmu pengetahuan, harusnya seseorang itu berusaha meng-improve kan diri melalui pelbagai cara.

siputsedut Publish time 17-6-2011 10:26 AM

it's all about balance...

tp bg i...self acceptance first then self improvement..you accept what you have...then polish setiap kelebihan tu...

dengan cara itu, saya tidaklah cuba menjadi orang lain dan tidak dapat menikmati hidup ni ;P
Pages: [1] 2
View full version: Self-Improvement vs Self-Acceptance: Which is Right?

ADVERTISEMENT