ymakerpi8d Publish time 2-6-2023 01:43 PM

NFL Week 2 picks odds Chiefs steamroll R

There's nothing better than the first weekend of NFL football and that's exactly what 85% of the country got on Sunday. I say 85% because I'm not exactly sure what the NFC North did over Andrej Sekera Jerseythe weekend qualifies as football, so everyone in Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan and Illinois are now going to have to wait another week to witne s an actual NFL game.The game was a cla sic example of Murphy's Law and although I don't think the law is named after Packers president Mark Murphy, I'm starting to think it might be since everything that could go wrong has gone wrong for the Packers since the end of last season. I'm actually somewhat surprised Aaron Rodgers didn't blame Murphy (or his law) for Sunday's lo s since he's not a big fan of the Packers' front office.The only NFC North team that should be happy with how the weekend went is the . Sure, they lost, but they're also in a tie for first place, which is something I never thought I'd say about the Lions. Surprisingly, it was actually a banner week for cats because the Lions, and are all in first place, and also, the cat that was hanging from a rafter at Hard Rock Stadium didn't die.Well this may be the craziest thing Ive seen at a college football gameHollywood (@DannyWQAM)Alright, that's enough cat talk, let's get to the picks.Actually, before we get to the picks, here's a quick reminder that you can check out the weekly picks from every . The reason you should click over and check out the other experts this week is because Will Brinson pulled off the sweep. I thought his only talent was hosting the Pick Six Podcast, but apparently, he can also pick NFL games. He had the most correct picks both straight-up and against the spread.Speaking of Brinson, he hosts the Pick Six Podcast every day and just in case I didn't make it clear last week, I'll be joining him at least three days per week on the podcast Andrew Ference Jersey-- Monday, Tuesday and Friday -- for the rest of the NFL season. You and you can listen to Tuesday's episode below. The entire episode consisted of us talking about every bonkers thing that happened during the ' wild win over the .If you're more of a picks person than a podcast person, I understand. Let's get to the picks. Thursday, 8:20 p.m. ET (NFL Network)   Latest Odds: Washington Commanders -4            My general rule of thumb when trying to pick the winner in a Giants game is to always pick against the Giants and that's mostly because in every game they play, there's a 90% chance they'll shoot themselves in the foot multiple times before finding a fantastic way to lose and that fantastic way to lose usually involves at least one fumble.Jones led the NFL in fumbles in 2019, he led the NFL in fumbles in 2020 and after fumbling against the in Week 1, he's well on his way to leading the NFL in fumbles again in 2021. The obvious thing to do here would be to predict that Jones fumbles the ball 11 times on Thursday and that Washington wins. However, nothing obvious ever happens when Jones is playing Washington.Jones has a career record of 8-19, but here's the crazy part: He's 4-0 against Washington and 4-19 against everyone else. I'm not sure how it or why it happens, but every time these two teams play, Jones somehow turns into and the Giants somehow win.Until Washington proves to me that they can beat Daniel Jones, I cannot pick against Daniel Jones. That being said, I am slightly concerned that the Giants don't seem to know the rules to football.    Yikes. Giants charged a time out after Joe Judge tried to challenge a scoring play, which you cannot do. Paul Schwartz (@NYPost_Schwartz)The upside for the Giants here is that after embarra sing himself on Sunday, I'm gue sing Joe Judge will have the rule book memorized by the time this game kicks off on Thursday night.My only other concern about this game is whether Washington will have the plumbing situation at its stadium fixed by Thursday (Note: The video below contains some NSFW words, so you probably don't want to blast it at work or around small children. Also, it contains sewage water, which you've hopefully never been covered Leon Draisaitl Jerseyin.)Its raining turds in Washington! (via ig:tommyob5)Barstool Sports (@barstoolsports)I've decided I'm going to take that video as a metaphor for how Washington is going to play on Thursday.The pick: Giants 23-20 over WashingtonCrazy streak I won' Edmonton Oilers Jersey t be picking against: Daniel Jones is 4-0 against Washington.Which picks can you make with confidence this week, and which Super Bowl contender goes down hard? .4:25 p.m. ET (CBS)   Latest Odds: Seattle Seahawks -6.5            As someone who lives in Nashville, I was forced to sit through the entire game on Sunday and what I saw is likely going to fuel my nightmares for years to come. Their offense was so bad that I'm halfway convinced that they didn't actually have a training camp this year.Every time dropped back to pa s, one of three things happened, and they were all bad: He would either get sacked, and if he didn't get sacked, he would fumble it, and if he didn't fumble it, he would throw an interception. The Titans looked absolutely lost and I'm not sure how they're going to fix things in just one week.For one, the offensive line was horrible and when I say "horrible," I mean they were so bad that one of the linemen decided to publicly shame himself on Twitter.Got my a s kicked today, no way around that. I let the team and the fans down. Thank you for exposing me. It will only force me to get better. Taylor Lewan (@TaylorLewan77)This is the first time someone has publicly shamed themselves since at least 1885.Also, I don't think new offensive coordinator Todd Downing watched any film of how this team played last year, because it's almost as if he decided to ignore everything that they do well. Since Tannehill took over as the starting QB, the play-action pa s has been Tenne see's bread-and-butter. The reason it works is because the opposing defense has to respect . The Titans used play-action 36.4% of the time in 2020, which . On Sunday, they used it 7.6% of the time.For most of the game, Downing had the same look on Jesse Puljujarvi Jerseyhis face that I make when I'm trying to solve a Rubik's cube: Don't even know where to start and it's probably going to end badly.Downing might want to take some notes from new offensive coordinator Shane Waldron, who basically decided to steal the Titans playbook from last year and call a bunch of play-actions pa ses in Week 1.    Good morning to Shane Waldron, who nearly doubled the Seahawks' use of play action yesterday (41.4%, second in the NFL) Mina Kimes (@minakimes)Seattle's win over the might have been the first time in football history where Seahawks fans didn't spend the entire game complaining about their offensive coordinator on Twitter. No one loves to complain about thei
Pages: [1]
View full version: NFL Week 2 picks odds Chiefs steamroll R

ADVERTISEMENT