ymakerpi8d Publish time 2-6-2023 01:07 PM

Lamar Jackson contract talks Ravens have

with the is fast approaching, and nothing suggests a deal is imminent. That's not because Baltimore hasn't extended an offer to the quarterback. In an effort to lock up the former NFL MVP beyond the 2022 season, the Ravens have already offered Jackson more money than the ' got in his new deal, . Jackson, meanwhile, may be seeking a fully guaranteed deal a la contract with the ."It's a really big uphill battle here," Jay Glazer reported ahead of Erick Fedde JerseySunday's Cardinals-Ravens preseason game. "The reason why is because Lamar Jackson ... is representing himself. ... (The) Deshaun Watson deal kind of throws things out of whack, because I'm sure (Jackson) wants a fully guaranteed contract, (and) I don't see (the Ravens) wanting to do that."CBS Sports contributor Joel Corry, a former NFL agent and cap expert, previously identified Jackson as theto follow in Watson's footsteps with a fully guaranteed deal. The latter got a five-year, $230 million contract as part of his trade from the to the Browns this spring. Jackson is entering the final year of his rookie deal, due $23M in 2022.Murray, on the other hand, netted a Raudy Read Jerseyfive-year, $230.5M extension with the Cardinals this summer, but he still had two seasons left on his rookie contract, meaning he'll average le s per year than Watson over the life of his deal. Le s than half of his total deal ($103M) is fully guaranteed, making him easily expendable to Arizona on the back half of the contract, particularly from 2026-2028.         Pick Six Newsletter   Crafted By The Best NFL Experts   Get the day's big stories + fun stuff you love like mock drafts, picks and powerJuan Soto Jersey rankings.   I agree to receive the "Pick Six Newsletter" and marketing communications, updates, special offers (including partner offers), and other information from CBS Sports and the Paramount family of companies.By pre sing sign up, I confirm that I have read and agree to the and acknowledge Paramount's .               Please check the opt-in box to acknowledge that you would like to subscribe.       Thanks for signing up!   Keep an eye on your inbox.   Sorry!   There Patrick Corbin Jerseywas an error proce sing your subscription.   Considering Jackson, a two-time Pro Bowler with three playoff runs under his belt, has accomplished more than both Murray and Watson as an NFL QB, he's long been expected to command somewhere around -- or in exce s of -- Watson's $46M per year in new money.Both Jackson and the Ravens have publicly Adam Eaton Jerseyexpre sed their desire to remain together long-term, but Baltimore bra s has previously hinted at Jackson being hesitant to engage in negotiations. The QB has represented himself, along with help from his mother, rather than employ a certified NFL agent, since entering the league. He's also unofficially declared the start of the 2022 season his deadline for agreeing to a new deal, with 2023 free agency waiting on the horizon.
Pages: [1]
View full version: Lamar Jackson contract talks Ravens have

ADVERTISEMENT