ymakerpi8d Publish time 2-6-2023 12:23 PM

Browns Rams and Washington ravaged by CO

Welcome to the Friday edition of the Pick Six newsletter!Just when I thought nothing would divide the country more than the last presidential election, along comes Brandon Staley with his newfangled football strategies. If there's one coach in the NFL who fully embraces analytics, it's definitely Staley, and for the most part, the analytics have been working out inColton Parayko Women Jersey his favor this year. However, a lot of fans weren't happy with Staley following his team's 34-28 overtime lo s to the .The Chargers failed on three different fourth downs in the game and those all came in situations where they could have easily kicked a field goal instead. After the game, the internet was basically divided on whether they loved Staley's coaching style or hated it. Some people thought he while others simply pointed out that he made the correct decision on each fourth down even if he didn't get the desired outcome.The Chargers already have an analytics guy and right now, I feel like they also need a common-sense guy. I agreed with two of Staley's three fourth-down calls, but I probably would have taken the points before halftime (The Chargers went for it on fourth down from the 1 and failed on the final play of the first half).We'll have more on the Chargers' lo s to the Chiefs, plus we'll be taking a look at the COVID outbreak that has ravaged the NFL this week, so let's get to the rundown.Remember, your job this weekend is to get as many people you know to sign up for the newsletter. To get your friends to sign up, all you have to do is with them. Signing someone up makes a great holiday gift and that's mainly because it's free. Everyone loves free.   1. Today's show: Recapping Kansas City's wild win over the ChargersIn one of the wildestColton Parayko Kids Jersey games you'll ever see, the Chief and Chargers went blow for blow before called game with a 34-yard game-winning touchdown pa s to in overtime. The only thing wilder than the game was the podcast that I recorded afterward with Ryan Wilson and Will Brinson.Here are a few key aspects of the game that we touched on:Chiefs get big-time performances from their big three.For the first 14 weeks of the season, we didn't see a game where the Chiefs' three biggest offensive stars were all on the same page, but that changed on Thursday as Mahomes, and Kelce all came up big for Kansas City. Mahomes threw for a season-high 410 yards and that includes throwing for 197 yards and three touchdowns over the final 9:30 of the game along with overtime. On Hill's end, he caught 12 pa ses for 148 yards and a touchdown, including a 1-yard score midway through the fourth quarter that tied the game at 21. Of course, the star of the game was Kelce, who caught 10 pa ses for a career-high 191 yards. Kelce also caught two touchdowns and they couldn't have been any bigger. The first one came with 1:16 left to play and tied the game at 28. The second one was a 34-yard walk-off TD in overtime that won the game for Kansas City. After struggling for a good chunk of the year, the Chiefs' offense might finally be back.Chargers offense sputters inside Kansas City's 5-yard line.If you're wondering why the Chargers lost this game, a big reason is because they came away with ZERO points on THREE different po se sions inside of Kansas City's 5-yard line. On their first drive of the game, the Chargers were stopped on a fourth-and-goal from the 5. On their final drive of the first half, Brian Sutter Women Jerseythey were stopped on fourth-and-goal from the 1. In the second half, Josh Kelley lost a fumble while attempting a goal-line jump from the 1-yard line (It was po sibly the worst goal-line jump ever and ). The Chargers were their own worst enemy. Although their offense moved the ball at will -- they didn't punt for the first time until there was just 25 seconds left in the game -- they kept shooting themselves in the foot. On their first nine po se sions, they had three failed fourth downs, an interception and a lost fumble.Chiefs basically wrapped up the AFC West with win. With the win, the Chiefs didn't officially clinch the AFC West, but for all intents and purposes, the race feels like it's over. The Chiefs have a two-game lead with just three weeks left, which means if they go 2-1 over the final three weeks, they win the division. Also, if the Chargers lose at any point over the final three weeks, then the Chiefs would need to just win one more game to clinch. As for the Chargers, they're locked in the fifth spot right now in the AFC, but they could actually fall out of the top seven based on how other games shake out this weekend. To listen to or watch today's . (Seriously, you can WATCH theChris Pronger Kids Jersey podcast.) You can also check out our .   2. Today's show Part II: Best bets for Week 15The best part about Friday -- besides the fact it's Friday -- is that you get two episodes of the podcast in your feed. After the recap of the Chiefs-Chargers game, Brinson politely asked me and Ryan Wilson to leave so that he could bring on R.J. White and Pete Prisco for a discu sion about their best bets for Week 15.The three guys spent nearly 60 minutes going over the best bets for every single game, and we're going to cover three of each person's picks below.Pete Prisco(2-1 last week in picks featured here) (-3.5) to cover against the(+4.5) to cover against the(+10) to cover against the Will Brinson (1-2 last week in picks featured here) (-10.5) to cover against the(-7) to cover against Washington (+2.5) to cover against the R.J. White (1-2 last week in picks featured here) (+1.5) to cover against the(+13) to cover against the(-5.5) to cover against the The guys also have a parlay they like that pays out at +595. (+11) to cover against the(+1.5) to cover against the Packers (-5.5) to cover against the RavensIf it hits, that parlay would win $595 on a $100 bet. To hear what the rest of the best bets are for Week 15 -- and there are quite a few -- be sure to click here so you . You can .   3. NFL Week 15 picksThis is the final newsletter of the week, which means I feel morally obligated to cram as many picks as po sible into this space. I once crammed 17 marshmallows onto one graham cracker while making a S'mores, so I know I'm good at cramming.With that in mind, we've got some Week 15 picks coming your way and those will be coming from Tom Fornelli, Tyler Sullivan, Jordan Dajani along with CBS Sports NFL insiders Jason La Canfora and .Here's how things are going to work: I'm going to give you one pick from each guy and then direct you to the rest of their picks. That way, if Robby Fabbri Men Jerseyyou like their pick, you'll be able to read the rest of them, but if they pick against your favorite team, you can ignore the rest of their picks and move on.Jonathan Jones: Bengals over Broncos (Cincinnati +140 moneyline). For .Jason La Canfora: Cardinals beat
Pages: [1]
View full version: Browns Rams and Washington ravaged by CO

ADVERTISEMENT