You're so fuckin' special
I wish I was special

But I'm a creep, I'm a weirdo,
What the hell am I doing here?
I don't belong here
I don't belong here
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Song Meaning

This song is about feelings of discontent with who you are as a person, and struggling to find your identity. The song chimes "I don't belong here" and "I'm a creep", which speak to the idea that the subject is having trouble dealing with the social environment they are in, making them feel like a creep.

The story told about someone who is "So f****** special", and "just like an angel", isn't just a reference to feelings of unrequited love, and/or the pains of not always being able to have what you want. However, it is an allegory for how the subject sees everyone in the world as more special than himself, and sees that they all have places to fit into, which he cannot seem to find for himself.

The subject wants to be like these people that he sees around him in society and as a result lists off his wants, ultimately realizing that basically he just wishes he had a place just as everyone around him seems to. Last edited by manjalara_01 on 12-8-2014 04:57 PM

manjalara_01 Publish time 12-8-2014 05:13 PM

http://d5lxao33c2vqc.cloudfront.net/media/img/348ca96136c012e181bbfa2d12f23a30.jpg

Sullen Girl (Fiona Apple)

Days like this, I don't know what to do with myself
All day -- and all night
I wander the halls along the walls and under my breath
I say to myself
I need fuel -- to take flight --
And there's too much going on

But it's calm under the waves, in the blue of my oblivion
Under the waves in the blue of my oblivion
Is that why they call me a sullen girl -- sullen girl
They don't know how I used to sail the deep and tranquil sea
but he washed me ashore and he took my pearl
And left an empty shell of me
And there's too much going on

But it's calm under the waves, in the blue of my oblivion
It's calm under the waves in the blue of my oblivion
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

General Comment

Fiona once said that Sullen Girl was about the tendency of the misunderstood to sink into their own little world, letting life pass them by. In a September 1996 interview with CMJ New Music Magazine she said, ""Sullen Girl' is... complicated for me. It's about a lot of things. It's about when I was doing the album and everything was happening all at once and I just felt like 'Oh my God, what's going on here?'

The second verse is a... I went through a really hard time when I was a very, very cold person. I didn't like to be near people. When I was 12, I was raped by a stranger and that's what this song is basically about, because I felt like everybody in my life thought there was something wrong with me and it was just my wondering 'was that what changed me?' Like the second verse, 'Is that why they call me the sullen girl/They don't know I used to sail the deep and tranquil sea/But he washed ashore and took my pearl and left an empty shell of me," "and it was really just because I felt like "well I used to be this really lighthearted person.

And I am a lighthearted person, but everyone looks at me and they think I'm really serious and depressed and sullen. Do I come off that way because of this experience?' It was something that caused me a lot of pain, and I just felt like 'Is that why I'm being misunderstood?' So that's when it started getting bad, when people started assuming that things were bad and started labeling me as a sick person.'

"It's part of who I am, I don't regret it. I'm happy with who I am, so how can I be unhappy with anything that's happened to me? That was an experience that made me a lot stronger. It taught me a lot about who I am and life. Things happen and you go through pain. It doesn't have to be such a big deal. It's like 'yeah, I was raped.' It's over, though. And I learned from it. It's sad, but good thing come out of it, too."...
Last edited by manjalara_01 on 12-8-2014 05:37 PM

manjalara_01 Publish time 12-8-2014 05:43 PM

http://eil.com/images/main/David+Bowie+-+Heroes+-+7%22+RECORD-21347.jpg

Heroes

I, I wish you could swim
Like the dolphins
Like dolphins can swim

Though nothing, nothing will keep us together
We can beat them, forever and ever
Oh, we can be heroes just for one day

I, I will be King
And you, you will be Queen
Though nothing will drive them away
We can be heroes just for one day
We can be us just for one day

I, I can remember
(I remember)
Standing by the wall
(By the wall)
And the guns, shot above our heads
(Over our heads)
And we kissed, as though nothing could fall
(Nothing could fall)

And the shame, was on the other side
Oh, we can beat them, forever and ever
Then we could be heroes just for one day

We can be heroes
We can be heroes
We can be heroes just for one day
We can be heroes

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Song meaning

The line about standing by the wall and kissing: Bowie was recording this great song at Hansa Studios in West Berlin. The control room of the studio had a window which faced the Berlin Wall. Bowie and Brian Eno and Tony Visconti (the album's producer) could look out of that window and see the East German Watchtowers with the gun-toting East German security guards looking right at them.

Well, while Bowie was working on the lyrics to the song "Heroes" he took a look out of that window and spotted his producer, Tony Visconti, kissing his West German mistress (Visconti was married at the time) right in front of the Berlin Wall. THAT's who Bowie wrote those lines about. For years he told people that it was just some random couple that he'd seen b/c he didn't want to get the married Viconti in trouble. But after Visconti was divorced, Bowie admitted that it was Visconti that he'd seen kissing a woman by the Berlin Wall.

General comment

This song's vagueness (as winessed in the comments here) allows listeners to insert whatever meaning they may think is there. A homosexual couple facing discrimination or resistance from those around them ("And the shame was on the other side") may think that the song is precisely about them. A married man or woman having an affair may imagine themselves the topic of such a song ("And we kissed as though nothing could fall").

An alcoholic whose habits are ruining his marriage may see himself in the role of the hero and think that he can hang on to his wife despite the odds ("And I, I'll drink all the time."). People striving against great odds may feel that the song inspires them on ("And the guns shot above our heads). It's a deceptively profound song

manjalara_01 Publish time 12-8-2014 06:16 PM

http://carponline.bravepages.com/carpsuperstar7.jpg

Long ago and oh so far away
I fell in love with you before the second show
Your guitar, it sounds so sweet and clear
But you're not really here
It's just the radio

Don't you remember you told me you loved me baby
You said you'd be coming back this way again baby
Baby, baby, baby, baby, oh, baby, I love you I really do

Loneliness is a such a sad affair
And I can hardly wait to be with you again

What to say to make you come again
Come back to me again
And play your sad guitar

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Song meaning

Leon Russell wrote this song, but a portion of the lyric in verse two was considered too lyrically risqué at the time, and was changed by Richard Carpenter to better fit the Carpenters' image. The Carpenters' version of the lyric, "And I can hardly wait to be with you again" was originally written "And I can hardly wait to SLEEP with you again." A little bit of difference, but either way the song is about a groupie.

Last edited by manjalara_01 on 12-8-2014 06:41 PM

manjalara_01 Publish time 12-8-2014 06:34 PM

https://img1.etsystatic.com/011/0/6379892/il_340x270.463598997_ihni.jpg

Dancing with Myself

On the floors of Tokyo
A-down in London town's a go go
A-with the record selection,
And the mirror's reflection,
I'm a dancin' with myself

A-when there's no one else in sight,
A-in crowded lonely night
Well, I wait so long for my love vibration
And I'm dancing with myself

Oh oh, Dancing with a-myself,
Oh, oh, dancing with myself
Well, there's nothing to lose
And there's nothing to prove, well,
Dancing a-with myself

If I looked all over the world
And there's every type of girl
But your empty eyes seem to pass me by
And leave me dancin' with myself.

So let's sink another drink
Cause it'll give me time to think
If I had the chance I'd ask the world to dance
And I'll be dancin' with myself

Well if I looked all over the world
And there's every type of girl
But your empty eyes seem to pass me by
And leave me dancin' with myself.

So let's sink another drink
Cause it'll give me time to think
And I'll be dancin' with myself

Oh oh, Dancing a-with myself,
Oh, oh, dancing with myself
Oh, oh, oh, oh oh
Oh, oh, oh dancin' with myself.
Oh, oh, dancin' with myself, oh, oh,
Sweat, sweat, etc.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Song meaning

He wrote this after his visit in a club in Japan. He was curious about a fad there, which actually spread through much of Japan in the era. People did not dance with other people, instead the dance floord were covered with large mirrors and you were supposed to dance in front of them Last edited by manjalara_01 on 12-8-2014 06:37 PM

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]
View full version: Maksud / Kupasan Lirik Lagu / Perkataan

ADVERTISEMENT