13Friday Publish time 10-4-2007 01:33 PM

define IDOLs

Yes the protestant church would not have idols of God.(a different approach)

The RC has many idols if they are really 'idol' in its definition.Idol is an image of false god.

Can any image of the true God be idols?

If we have the true images of God and we worship them, are we worshipping idols?Are the Cross and the Crucifix idols?

So what are the things that we worship in our hearts?

We may be standing before the true God with or without images, and with our lips we would say all sorts of praise but when our HEARTS are not with God, what is the outcome - FALSE worship.   Some of us could be worshipping material things and money in our hearts.

wattttb Publish time 11-4-2007 03:40 AM

Reply #1 13Friday's post

IN THE NAME OF THE FATHER AND OF THE SON AND OF THE HOLY SPIRIT.

HERE I AM AGAIN TO SHARE 揟HE TRUTH OF GOD LOVE

Hey 13Friday,
You are right, as a real Christian we MUST NOT worship Idol or any false God.

I know how felt

shalom Publish time 13-4-2007 12:37 PM

Originally posted by 13Friday at 10-4-2007 01:33 PM
Yes the protestant church would not have idols of God.(a different approach)

The RC has many idols if they are really 'idol' in its definition.Idol is an image of false god.

Can any ima ...

"And you shall make two cherubim of gold ; of hammered work shall you make them, on the two ends of the mercy seat. Make one cherub on the one end, and one cherub on the other end; of one piece of the mercy seat shall you make the cherubim on its two ends. The cherubim shall spread out their wings above, overshadowing the mercy seat with their wings, their faces one to another; toward the mercy seat shall the faces of the cherubim be"

(Ex. 25:18

shalom Publish time 13-4-2007 12:45 PM

Reply #1 13Friday's post

The twenty-fifth session of the Council of Trent (Dec., 1543) repeats faithfully the principles of Nicaea II:

' that images of Christ, the Virgin Mother of God, and other saints are to be held and kept especially in churches, that due honor and reverence (debitum honorem et venerationem) are to be paid to them, not that any divinity or power is thought to be in them for the sake of which they may be worshipped, or that anything can be asked of them, or that any trust may be put in images, as was done by the heathen who put their trust in their idols, but because the honor shown to them is referred to the prototypes which they represent... e adore Christ and honor the saints whose likeness they bear... (Denzinger, no. 986).

[ Last edited byshalom at 13-4-2007 12:46 PM ]

13Friday Publish time 14-4-2007 10:36 AM

DEFINE saints

who are the saints biblically?

wattttb Publish time 15-4-2007 10:27 PM

IN THE NAME OF THE FATHER AND OF THE SON AND OF THE HOLY SPIRIT.

HERE I AM AGAIN TO SHARE "THE TRUTH OF GOD LOVE

Hey 13Friday,
As you said "who are the saints biblically?"

THE TRUTH IS HERE...

As JESUS Pray to THE FATHER WHO ARE IN HEAVEN for THE NEW HOLY PEOPLE'S.
HE said :-
"I PRAY FOR THEM, I DO NOT PRAY FOR THE WORLD BUT FOR THOSE WHO BELONG TO YOU AND WHOM YOU HAVE GIVEN ME."(JOHN 17: 9)

"THEY ARE NOT OF THE WORLD, JUST AS I AM NOT OF THE WORLD.
CONSECRATE THEM IN THE TRUTH- YOUR WORD IS TRUTH- FOR I HAVE SENT THEM INTO THE WORLD.
FOR THEIR SAKE, I GO TO THE SACRIFICE BY WHICH I AM CONSECRATED, SO THAT THEY TOO MAY BE CONSECRATED IN TRUTH.
I PRAY NOT ONLY FOR THESE BUT ALSO THOSE WHO THROUGH THEIR WORD WILL BELIEVE IN ME. MAY THE ALL BE ONE AS YOU FATHER ARE IN ME AND I AM IN YOU. MAY THEY BE ONE IN US; SO THE WORLD MAY BELIEVE THAT YOU HAVE SENT ME " (JOHN 17:16-20)

FATHER, SINCE YOU HAVE GIVEN THEM TO ME, I WANT THEM TO BE WITH ME WHERE I AM AND SEE THE GLORY YOU GAVE ME, FOR YOU LOVED ME BEFORE THE FOUNDTION OF THE WORLD."(JOHN 17:24)

SEE THE TRUTH!!!

JESUS said "SINCE YOU HAVE GIVEN THEM TO ME, I WANT THEM TO BE WITH ME WHERE I AM AND SEE THE GLORY YOU GAVE ME, "

WHO ARE THESE PEOPLE'S???

JESUS ANWERED HIS DISCIPLE'S:-

"YOU WHO FOLLOWED ME LISTEN TO MY WORDS: ON THE DAY OF MY RENEWAL, WHEN THE SON OF MAN SITS ON HIS THRONE IN GLORY, YOU, TOO WILL SIT ON TWELVE THRONES TO RULE THE TWELVE THRIBES OF ISRAEL.

AS FOR THOSE WHO HAVE LEFT HOUSES, BROTHERS, SISTERS, FATHER, MOTHER, CHILDREN OR PROPERTY FOR MY NAME SAKE, THEY WILL RECEIVE A HUNDREDFOLD AND BE GIVE ETERNAL LIFE."( MATTHEW 20:-28-29)

As we all knows....JESUS IS NOW SITS AT THE RIGHT HAND OF THE FATHER AND
THEREFORE:-
HIS DISCIPLE'S AND THOSE WHO HAVE LEFT HOUSES, BROTHERS, SISTERS, FATHER, MOTHER, CHILDREN OR PROPERTY FOR JESUS NAME SAKE, THEY WILL RECEIVE A HUNDREDFOLD AND BE GIVE ETERNAL LIFE

NOW!!! THEY ARE IN HEAVEN WITH JESUS AND (JOHN 17:24) IS FULFILED.

SO, THEY ARE THE SAINTS....THE NEW HOLY PEOPLE'S.

MAY GOD BLESS ALL

AMEN.

FROM WATT

shalom Publish time 16-4-2007 09:44 AM

Originally posted by 13Friday at 14-4-2007 10:36 AM

Mother Mary
St Peter
St. Paul
St. Thomas
St. James
St. John
St. Luke
etc..etc...etc...
St. Shalom the Great :lol:

Wong Onn Yong Publish time 18-4-2007 08:33 PM

Originally posted by 13Friday at 14-4-2007 10:36 AM

All Christians are saints, not only deadpersons. Some Christians are still pray idol although being long time Christians, and those idols of their mind is themselves. I mean self-centered Christians, because Christ supposed to be the top place.

witara Publish time 19-4-2007 02:11 PM

Originally posted by Wong Onn Yong at 18-4-2007 08:33 PM

.... Some Christians are still pray idol although being long time Christians, and those idols of their mind is themselves. I mean self-centered Chr ...

Yup, :setuju:

"I" is the most powerful spiritual killer..

casejulia Publish time 23-4-2007 11:36 AM

Idols

1. it is the love for, desire for, and acquisition of money, 2 Timothy 6:10.
2. it is their sacraments, many images and relics, Romans 1:23
3. When you are more careful and industrious to please men or yourselves, than to please God;
4. to provide for yourselves and posterity, than to be serviceable unto God;
5. more careful what you shall eat, drink, or wherewith be clothed; than how you may honour and enjoy God;
6. to make provision for the flesh, to fulfil the lusts thereof, than how to fulfil the will of God;
7. more industrious to promote your own interests, than the designs of God;
8. to be rich, or great, or respected amongst men, than that God may be honoured and advanced in the world;
9. more careful how to get the things of the world, than how to employ them for God;
10. rise early, go to bed late, eat the bread of carefulness, that your outward estate may prosper, while the cause, and ways, and interests of Christ have few or none of your endeavours,
11. to idolize the world, yourselves, your lusts, your relations, while the God of heaven is neglected.

casejulia Publish time 23-4-2007 01:04 PM

"an idol is anything in our lives that occupies the place that should be occupied by God alone, anything that holds a controlling position in my life is an idol." (Dr. D. Martyn Lloyd Jones)

oakley_konatchi Publish time 5-5-2007 12:15 PM

I am a protestant...so jangan ler condem us too much....kcian ler... not all of us like that ler...

regardind all the cross and etc..i dont think there's anything wrong..the pictures...the cross are just reminders of God...it helps us to focus... like when we play football, we focus by thinking and looking at the fans... in other words...just a form of motivator...

i dont have a cross....id love to have one.... but i think i gave all of them away to friends...coz i think they need it more than i do.... one thing about the cross..the ones you put as necklace...its just a form...a way for us to feel close to god... coz the cross will be near the heart..... most ppl feel sucure when God is near their heart... again, it helps us to focus...Byah!!!

Wong Onn Yong Publish time 5-5-2007 08:49 PM

Originally posted by oakley_konatchi at 5-5-2007 12:15 PM
I am a protestant...so jangan ler condem us too much....kcian ler... not all of us like that ler...

regardind all the cross and etc..i dont think there's anything wrong..the pictures...the cro ...

I'm protestant too, and i had just refer to self-centered Christians no matter Protestant or Catholic.

oakley_konatchi Publish time 8-5-2007 10:35 AM

At the end of the day...you'll actually find out most of us are quite self centered...just that some of us can limit it...like not so much of being just 'I' or 'Me'....

Marsyal Yau Publish time 10-5-2007 10:14 AM

i am an anglican, a protestant but we do have statues and cross in the church. the cross is just a symbol and reminder of Jesus's ultimate sacrifice upon the cross for us sinners. it shows how much He loves us and u and i, as sinners, are worth dying for. again i say, we do not pray to the statues and the cross, it is just a symbol.

Wong Onn Yong Publish time 10-5-2007 08:08 PM

Originally posted by Marsyal Yau at 10-5-2007 10:14 AM
i am an anglican, a protestant but we do have statues and cross in the church. the cross is just a symbol and reminder of Jesus's ultimate sacrifice upon the cross for us sinners. it shows how mu ...

I have never see any statue at Anglican churches, and i used to All Saints' Church at KL

kamwah Publish time 10-5-2007 09:08 PM

i doubt that the definition of IDOL in christianity is totally wrong

the idol that mentioned in bible is that it will lead people to evil path, because
they are worshipping the it by sexual + sacrifice their own children and it deny true GOD

i have no ideas why people say catholic they are worshiping idol

idols also mean money fame bla bla bla

[ Last edited bykamwah at 10-5-2007 09:11 PM ]

Wong Onn Yong Publish time 10-5-2007 09:15 PM

Originally posted by kamwah at 10-5-2007 09:08 PM
i doubt that the definition of IDOL in christianity is totally wrong

the idol that mentioned in bible is that it will lead people to evil path, because
they are worshipping the it by sexual...

It's false regards statue prayer at Anglican churches, and i don't ever pray to statue all the time i meeting at an Anglican church.

kamwah Publish time 10-5-2007 09:20 PM

but i think there are some anglican churches got holy icon ( statue )
may be we dono
i think St Mary got right because i saw the photo from anglican west msia

Wong Onn Yong Publish time 10-5-2007 09:25 PM

Originally posted by kamwah at 10-5-2007 09:20 PM
but i think there are some anglican churches got holy icon ( statue )
may be we dono
i think St Mary got right because i saw the photo from anglican west msia

It's weird, i have never see that icon at All Saints
Pages: [1] 2
View full version: define IDOLs

ADVERTISEMENT