lyhmsia Publish time 6-12-2006 03:01 AM

What is your responsibility?

We抳e being discussing about the Dharma and trying to understand Buddhism. Yet, how many of us truly practice compassion. I found this article about a Batu Pahat girl needing an heart transplant and yet she can find any match. Due to my interest on learning the how many fellow Malaysian pledge of becoming organ donor, I found that we抳e only 29 thousand fellow Malaysian that pledge. Sadly, we抳e over twenty million population and merely only .145% pledged to be a donor. Thus, I begged you to sympathized the helpless fellow human being and be an organ donor. You don抰 need to be a donor while you抮e alive. You can donate your organ once you leave this world. What is more noble to save one or more person life when you die?

Statistic: http://www.organdonation.com.my/downloads/odstatistics_jun04_b.xls
Donor info: http://www.organdonation.com.my/issue.asp?page=2
The Star: http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2006/11/2/nation/15895563&sec=nation

Synopsis:
Mechanical heart girl wants a real one soon
By IZATUN SHARI
KUALA LUMPUR: Using a marker pen, mechanical heart recipient Tee Hui Yi scribbled the words 揹apat jantung cepat

kakaktua Publish time 6-12-2006 03:54 AM

We have seen how Pak Lah misused $600 Million of Rakyat money for his political purpose. Whats our responsibility? Sitting in front of computer and talking about resoponsibility?
$600 Million is the sweat of all Malaysian..misused by someone in position who never work..but sleeps during working hour...
WHERE IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY? WHAT U SUPPOSED TO DO WHEN SOMEONE DRINK YOUR BLOOD OPENLY?

lyhmsia Publish time 7-12-2006 11:12 AM

Can religion and corruption be related?
Can we stop this social problems?

Firstly, start with learning our religions whole heartedly and practice them. If we truly practice our relgions correctly, you'll realized that racism, corruption, polution, crimes, etc would eventually reduced. Example, how many of us bribed our fellow police? Well, I'm one of the person that did bribe a police once before in order to avoid being getting a traffic ticket. It's us that cause this problem. Thus, it's your duty is to be a good citizen and me too.

In Buddhism, it teaches us to analyze the problem and understand the root cause. By truly seeing the whole issues about corruption, we can't blame the government only. It's society that encourages corruption. We accept bribery as the way of life. By following the Quran, Bible, Sutra, etc we can be a better person and indirectly improves all these social problems.

Lastly, it's not important to discuss politics in this forum. You'll never be able to discuss objectively. I think it's better for us to discuss on how we can understand the dharma more indepth and how you can applied them into your life. By changing your way of life, indirectly you're changing the society. For instance, whenever you see another race if you treat them with respect you'll remind them that Chinese/Indian/Malay/Kadazan/Iban/etc are actually nice people too. In Buddhism, the Buddha stressed that we follow the The Noble Eightfold Path.

[ Last edited bylyhmsia at 7-12-2006 11:29 AM ]

lyhmsia Publish time 7-12-2006 11:20 AM

So, let's start with understanding the concept of " right speech".

Right Speech
Right speech is the first principle of ethical conduct in the eightfold path. Ethical conduct is viewed as a guideline to moral discipline, which supports the other principles of the path. This aspect is not self-sufficient, however, essential, because mental purification can only be achieved through the cultivation of ethical conduct. The importance of speech in the context of Buddhist ethics is obvious: words can break or save lives, make enemies or friends, start war or create peace. Buddha explained right speech as follows: 1. to abstain from false speech, especially not to tell deliberate lies and not to speak deceitfully, 2. to abstain from slanderous speech and not to use words maliciously against others, 3. to abstain from harsh words that offend or hurt others, and 4. to abstain from idle chatter that lacks purpose or depth. Positively phrased, this means to tell the truth, to speak friendly, warm, and gently and to talk only when necessary.

ariyamusafir Publish time 7-12-2006 04:42 PM

Originally posted by kakaktua at 6/12/2006 03:54
We have seen how Pak Lah misused $600 Million of Rakyat money for his political purpose. Whats our responsibility? Sitting in front of computer and talking about resoponsibility?
$600 Million is t ...

what has Pak Lah got to do with this???
Pages: [1]
View full version: What is your responsibility?

ADVERTISEMENT