sayang_mulut Publish time 21-10-2006 08:14 PM

Priest?Reverend?Pope?

hello..

i was just wondering and i need to know the difference between those three role in Christianity...ok by now..i know a lil bit about Pope ..obviously he can be said as 'imam besar' for Christian rite??and Priest kire macam ketua bagi church ke??and as far as i am concerned both Pope and Priest are not aloowed to get married and settle down havig a family whereas reverend can have a family...is it true??or are those people are the same??

thx you..

tiM Publish time 23-10-2006 04:32 PM

Pope Bukan imam besar....
Utk pengetahuan, saudara boleh cari balik topik mengenai Pope Banedict minta maaf dlm forum ini. Saya dah post few info about these..

About Priest tak boleh kahwin... emmm itu mungkin tradisi dlm gereja Roman Catholic saja sementara bagi aglican Priest boleh kahwin. Ada juga pecahan catholik yg membenarkan pristnya kahwin.

sayang_mulut Publish time 23-10-2006 05:40 PM

Reply #2 tiM's post

oo ok..what about reverend...are thye like christian lain jugak..atau dorang hanya ade role sket je dalam christian...

tiM Publish time 23-10-2006 06:01 PM

Akupun kurang tahu title Rev. ni... Mungkn golongan senior priest kottttt!!!!!..

casejulia Publish time 23-10-2006 08:35 PM

POPE

I'm not RC, so i'm not so expert about this...hehehe
from what i know, the Pope is the Catholic bishop and patriarch of Rome, and head of Roman Catholic Church and the Eastern Catholic Churches.
below i quoted the Pope Role from the book "All the Pope's Men by John L. Allen, Jr"
One traditional way to understand what the Pope does would be to list his titles:
-His Holiness
-Bishop of Rome
-Vicar of Jesus Christ
-Successor of St. Peter
-Prince of the Apostles
-Supreme Pontiff of the Universal Church
-Patriarch of the West
-Servant of the Servants of God
-Primate of Italy
-Archbishop and Metropolitan of the Roman Province
-Sovereign of the Vatican City State
Pope duties:
-responsible for the affairs of his local diocese
-supreme governor and legislator of the Catholic Church
-chief spokesperson for Christianity in dialogue with other religions
-the most important voice for religious belief in a secularized, skeptical world
-a moral teacher, a voice of conscience for humanity on social and political questions

casejulia Publish time 23-10-2006 09:14 PM

PRIEST

Romans Catholic priest must be unmarried at the time of their ordination asn they must be remain in that way. in the eastern church, a priest must be remaind in the state in which he was ordained. If he was single when he was ordained a priest, he must remaind unmarried. If he was married when he ordained a prest, he must remaind married but he is not permitted to remarry if he is widowed. Anglican and lutheran priest can marry after ordination (Labour law talk dictionary)

Priest duties from what i know
by his priestly ordination he receives the power to offer sacrifice , to forgive sins( I'm not sure about this one) to bless, to preach, to sanctify

casejulia Publish time 24-10-2006 12:39 PM

REVEREND

same as pastor, but higher level, they preach internationally
Pages: [1]
View full version: Priest?Reverend?Pope?

ADVERTISEMENT