casejulia Publish time 8-6-2006 01:17 AM

♦♦ I n T R o D u C T i O n ♦♦ H e l l o

Hello all,

I am from Sabah originally. Now working in KL. I'm follower of Christ. I attend SIBKL church at Damansara (Sec. 16)
I once was lost, but now am found. I wanna thank Jesus for setting me free from the bondage of sin. I belong to Jesus.

Happy Posting and God Bless!

[ Last edited bycasejulia at 13-3-2008 10:39 PM ]

casejulia Publish time 8-6-2006 01:32 AM

SORRY... to sparrow and DivinePonytail

i accidently deleted this thread ....:rf::rf: and i have to make a new one again
and both your introduction are gone 'liao'.....aii sorry..:(
pls post new one again if you guys dun mindTQ

[ Last edited bycasejulia at 13-3-2008 10:41 PM ]

DivinePonytail Publish time 9-6-2006 02:37 PM

No worries, i understand you're trying to get familiar with all the mods features.

Well, Hi brothers and sisters, I抦 from Sarawak, working in Kuching as a system engineer. I'm a unitarian christian but people like to label me as a "liberal" thinking christian. With good moderation and "intention" I feel this board will be a perfect platform for us (regardless of our denomination) to share the good news and the love of God and Jesus Christ. Forget our differences and let be the kind of persons Jesus wants us to be; peaceful, loving and caring.

Peace.

sparrow Publish time 9-6-2006 03:48 PM

Hi there...

its okay, casejulia.. no worries.. we'll just introduce ourselves again :)

I'm from Selangor, working in KL... currently attending one of the Gospel Halls in Selangor (ie, one of thechurches of Brethren denomination.).. though that wouldn't mean that I can't have fellowship with Christians of other denominations... :) cos after all, we are one body of Christ...

yeah - i hope that this board can me a place for Christians share the love of our Lord Jesus Christ, to preach His Word, and to encourage one another as we grow in our faith in Him.

God bless..

DivinePonytail Publish time 19-6-2006 10:05 PM

I wonder where are the others? :hmm::stp:

sparrow Publish time 19-6-2006 10:27 PM

ah, they are somewhere around... watching World Cup, perhaps? :P

wattttb Publish time 28-6-2006 01:57 AM

The title of this thread says.. INTRODUCTIONS / GREETINGS / COMMENTS / SUGGESTIONS / NEWS / ANNOUNCEMENTS / PRAYER REQUEST / TESTIMONIALS...

IN THE NAME OF THE FATHER AND OF THE SON AND OF THE HOLY SPIRIT

Hey Brothers & Sisters in Christ,

I thanks to GOD for HE is so good all the time, that we able to share HIS LOVE with one another.

In JESUS we should be honest with one another; we should not hide our race, our identity. For JESUS LOVE is forever卆nd our LOVE with one another should be forever too

CoKeLat-RaWkZ Publish time 2-8-2006 01:40 PM

Originally posted by wattttb at 28-6-2006 01:57 AM
The title of this thread says.. INTRODUCTIONS / GREETINGS / COMMENTS / SUGGESTIONS / NEWS / ANNOUNCEMENTS / PRAYER REQUEST / TESTIMONIALS...

IN THE NAME OF THE FATHER AND OF THE SON AND OF TH ...

Shalom bros and sisz...

i'm from kch, sarawak and from the anglican church.i hope to see more christians bros and sisz hang out here!!

sparrow Publish time 6-8-2006 07:14 PM

hi cokelat.. welcome back!

casejulia Publish time 6-8-2006 10:01 PM

last week when i went to a bookshop, i took a book (i dont remember the title but it was written by Josh Mcdowll) when i opened it, i came to a line that explained the purpose of the book. I cant deny that this sentences hit me on the head, cos' sometime my aims is to win the argument... :nerd:

"Remember! our aim is to glorify the name of our Lord Jesus Christ not to win an argument!"

[ Last edited bycasejulia at 14-3-2007 05:47 PM ]

sparrow Publish time 6-8-2006 10:44 PM

Originally posted by casejulia at 6-8-2006 10:01 PM
I cant deny that this sentences hit me on the head, cos' sometime my aims is to win the argument...

"Remember! our aim is to glorify the name of our Lord Jesus Christ not to win any argument!"

Well, don't we all? i hv times like this too.. i guess, sometimes we sing Onward Christian Soldiers too much.. we tend to become fighters for Christ, instead of AS witnesses..
rite - that's a nice reminder here. thanks!

DivinePonytail Publish time 9-8-2006 04:47 PM

Thats more like it. :)
Nice meeting all of you guys.

bingwing Publish time 11-8-2006 06:56 AM

Testimonials

Hi there! Casejulia, thanks for the invite to tell my story here. I gotta say, I really enjoyed being able to contribute a little to a thread on "murtads" like me, as (even though my mum was brought-up in the west) I was once the muslim guy who understood without a shadow of a doubt that :

1) All westerners are Christians
2) Western Culture = Christian culture
3) Christians / westerners are loose with their morals, and drink, have loose sex, gamble...
4) Only muslims go to heaven... (but maybe good people go there too...?... wasn't sure)
5) Jews are suspect, and Israel is very, very bad, politically
6) To be Malay is to be Muslim
7) Western missionaries who came to Malaysia in the days of the British Empire had a hidden, economic agenda, or were simply do-gooders.
8) Western missionaries came to "westernise" Malays
9) Christianity is a western religion compatible with western living
10) What the heck is a "born again Christian"???? Weird or What????
11) Jesus was a islamic prophet who Christians misinterpreted, and he is dead.
12) It is easy to be a Christian coz you can do what you want
13) Why in the world would ANYONE want to leave Islam, the one true religion which is so beautifully imbedded and expressed in Malay culture?????
14) Malays are the best people on earth, and certainly the most hospitable, with the best culture and manners and language. A bit better than the rest of the people who live in Malaysia. Honestly! (but never admit to this in public). Chinese people eat pork (SO unclean!) and Indians don't eat with their hands properly.

So what an uninformed, proud, bigotted person I was, even though I thought I was quite a nice guy. That was me. So I understand when people write, giving-off about how bad Christians are and how western and fake that religion is. Then things happenned (my yet untold story!) which includes amazing changes in my troubled family and an encounter with a someone I thought was dead for the last 2000 years... Jesus turns-up in my bedroom! I see people healed of illnesses, requests for God to help miraculously answered, Jesus still speaking to people today, evil spirits being told to get out of houses (and sometimes - people!) and stuff like that. People being able to be in God's family and know His love and care... And He is NOT far away, like the God of my childhood.

So thing are more than a little different now. And what do I believe now?...

1) Very, very few westerners are Christians. Going to church or being born into a church-going or western family does NOT make you a Christian.
2) Western Culture is mostly the complete opposite of Christian culture
3) People all over the world are loose with their morals, and drink, have loose sex, gamble... But God has made a way for us all to be forgiven.
4) Only people who are forgiven (through accepting the gift of life that comes from Jesus' death for you and me) go to heaven... (being good would never ever have been good enough to get to heaven, coz God is completely fair)
5) Israel is often bad, politically, just like every country in the world. But Our creator loves the Jews, the Malays, the Palestinians, the Chinese, the Bosnians, the Africans, even the Americans! (I like some of them too!) God hates injustice.
6) To be Malay is to be loved by Jesus. Malay culture is made to reflect the wonderful glory of God, as are all cultures. It's very cool to be Malay.
7) Some western missionaries who came to Malaysia in the days of the British Empire may have had a hidden, economic agenda, or were simply do-gooders. But on the whole they wanted to serve people with God's love. Some did this well. Some unknowingly made mistakes. Almost all came with the best of intentions. I salute them.
8) Some western missionaries came to "westernise" Malays because very few in the western church understood that God wants an expression of faith in Jesus in the local, indegenous language and culture. For that the western church needs to apologise. I am now a part of that church, and I am so sorry for this. So I apologise to all Malays. Baju Melayu should have been worn to church in those days, not a shirt and tie (but people should be free to wear what they want to church, so jeans or a cheong-sam or even a mini-telekung is OK, if worn for the right reasons!).
9) Christianity was originally expressed in a mid-eastern mind-set. Christianity is mostly incompatible with what most asians understand as a "western" way of living.
10) I am a "born again Christian"!!!! Weird or What????
11) Jesus is God, and he is not dead. He was (for three days), but isn't any more. He is now my God, my King, my friend and my brother. His Dad is my daddy.
12) It is easy to be a Christian coz you can live in the freedom of knowing God. It is difficult to be a Christian coz you can't do all the things you want to do. And Christians are tortured, ridiculed and killed for our faith worldwide.
13) Why in the world would ANYONE want to not be a friend of God, know a living Jesus who's Kingdom and ways could be so beautifully imbedded and expressed in Malay culture?????
14) Malays do wrong things against God like EVERY person who ever walked this earth, and have a longing inside to know God. I STILL think Malays are amongst the nicest, most hospitable people on earth , with a wonderful culture and manners and language. Orang Melayu are not better than the rest of the people who live in Malaysia. Chinese and Indians (I'll eat with you anytime!:-)stand equal with Malays and Russians and Senoi and Welsh and Japanese and Argentinians and Arabs in the eyes of God. I love and am completely proud of my Malay roots. But God knew of me even before the first Malays set foot on Segenting Kra to walk into the nothern states of the peninsula... We are all the same. We all need Jesus. Isa. Allah. We all need the One who made us, knows us, loves us and wants the very best for us.. to make us complete.

Anyway, what a splurge of stuff to be typing all on one go! I'm delighted to read all your stuff!

Big blessings,

Bingwing

[ Last edited bybingwing at 11-8-2006 07:22 AM ]

dasvydania Publish time 11-8-2006 10:58 AM

Mind if I check In? :D

I love when people call me Presz. Iban lady,born in Sarawak. Currently studying in UPM Serdang, course Human Development and Information Technology. Quite new in the family of Christ. Proud to call myself parish of St.Anne Chapel in UPM Serdang. Isnt it a blessing that we are the only university that have our own chapel. The chapel itself existed before UPM. Quite a history. :pray:

I'm glad to know all of you. We could exchange our views or knowledge with each other since I myself also still blur-blur. *sigh*

DivinePonytail Publish time 13-8-2006 11:06 PM

The chapel itself existed before UPM. Quite a history.
That抯 fascinating. Maybe someday you can tell us about it?

dasvydania Publish time 15-8-2006 11:09 AM

Oh yes.. I would loveto:love: but for the time being, the chapel having some problem *sob* *sob*
Since the chapel is around 70+ years old (i think), which also quite old, WE the Catholic Student Society of UPM or known as CSSUPM have applied to the Bahagian Hal Ehwal Pelajar so that we can do some renovation to it. With GOD grace, our proposal was approved. God knows how happy we are though we are trying very hard to raise fund for the renovation which our target is RM60K. Contractor had started their work til last week the renovation is halted due to the reason that the Bahagian Pembangunan UPM was not inform about it. Our advisor had meeting with the authority and we still do not know whether we can proceed with the renovation or not. So I ask to u all, my brother and sister in Christ to pray for us that may things run smoothly let God knows that HIS people really need HIM :pray:

sparrow Publish time 15-8-2006 11:36 AM

Originally posted by dasvydania at 15-8-2006 11:09 AM
Oh yes.. I would loveto:love: but for the time being, the chapel having some problem *sob* *sob*
Since the chapel is around 70+ years old (i think), which also quite old, WE the Catholic Stude ...

Well, i believe that if it is in God's will for the chapel to be rebuilt - He will provide, and He will make a way for it to be rebuilt.. But meanwhile, keep on praying..
And yeah sure - will keep all of you in my prayers.. :)

dasvydania Publish time 18-8-2006 01:38 PM

The renovation work was call off.What went wrong? Whyyyyyyyyyy........

casejulia Publish time 23-8-2006 03:59 PM

Originally posted by dasvydania at 18-8-2006 13:38

:hmm: We only can pary to God. Hope everything will be ok

sparrow Publish time 23-8-2006 06:42 PM

Originally posted by dasvydania at 18-8-2006 01:38 PM

Keep on praying... If God allows the renovation to be called off, surely He must have His reasons. But still, keep on praying.. He will answer and reveal it in time.. :)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
View full version: ♦♦ I n T R o D u C T i O n ♦♦ H e l l o

ADVERTISEMENT