braderjoni Publish time 31-1-2006 04:28 PM

World's Tallest Lord Murugan Statue.

http://thestaronline.com/common/images/thestar10years_138x35.gif
Nation
Tuesday January 31, 2006

Tallest statue of deity unveiled
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e326/bernamapic/murugan.jpg
MAMMOTH TASK: A crane lifting the giant chrysanthemum garland to put over the statue of Lord Murugan at the Sri Subramaniar Temple in Batu Caves yesterday.

KUALA LUMPUR: About 30,000 Hindu devotees and visitors came to witness the official unveiling of the country抯 tallest Lord Murugan statue on Sunday and the garlanding of the golden statue yesterday.

Temple officials were now hoping to get the 42.7m statue, located at the Sri Subramaniar Temple at the foot of Batu Caves, into the Guinness Book of World Records as the tallest Lord Murugan statue in the world.

Hundreds of balloons floated into the air and a shower of flowers fell from a hovering helicopter as Works Minister Datuk Seri S. Samy Vellu officially launched the opening ceremony about 6.15pm on Sunday.

As darkness fell, a spectacular 20-minute display of fireworks lit the RM2.5mil statue made of 1,550 cubic metres of concrete, 250 tonnes of steel bars and 300 litres of gold paint brought in from Thailand.

Fifteen Indian sculptors had worked on the project for three years.

A cultural performance by local artistes and singers from India continued till midnight.

Yesterday morning, just as many people turned up again at the temple to witness a giant garland being placed on the statue

Atomic_Omnikid Publish time 31-1-2006 05:37 PM

wow..it's great...I can't wait to see it..

Saveetha_Angel Publish time 1-2-2006 08:29 AM

Om Muruga........

Atomic_Omnikid Publish time 2-2-2006 02:10 AM

Vetrivel Murugan ker..Aro Gara

Sephiroth Publish time 2-2-2006 07:48 AM

And as always, TV3 or any other Malaysian TV stations didn't bothered to cover it. Very hypocrite.... ;)

Anyway, I was on the way from Pahang last Tuesday when I saw the Statue from the highway ... very big and nice. :)

fleurzsa: Sorry, ur post was edited bcz not suitable here. Thanks.

[ Last edited by fleurzsa at 2-2-2006 06:36 PM ]

Saveetha_Angel Publish time 2-2-2006 05:05 PM

Originally posted by Sephiroth at 2-2-2006 07:48 AM
And as always, TV3 or any other Malaysian TV stations didn't bothered to cover it. Very hypocrite of Muslims. ;)

Anyway, I was on the way from Pahang last Tuesday when I saw the Statue from the...

:( so sad

Sephiroth Publish time 3-2-2006 07:37 AM

Nothing to be sad about ... Indians just have to find good friends and learn to stick together. That's all.

Anyway, I hope to see the Statue again - closer this time (and not from the highway). But I have a feeling I will be busy soon.

Diablo Publish time 3-2-2006 12:44 PM

I see it everyday. I live near Batu Caves :)

P/s. I'm a Muslim BTW

Freako Publish time 3-2-2006 11:48 PM

I think the money collected could have been used to help out the poor Indian families around the area or around Selangor.....or maybe sponsor or provide scholarships to the Indian students.......i think thats a better way to spend the money than building the statue....

Freako Publish time 3-2-2006 11:49 PM

but still....the statue is something the Indians can be proud of....:)

barney50 Publish time 5-2-2006 01:47 PM

OM SARAVANA BAHWA

I visited a day earlier as I had a better view of seeing it closer. Tere is no word to desciribe it but feel kind of assurance HE is there ot protect all. But what irks me is this place has become too commercialized. When I visit Rajarajeswari temple I feel the bakthi there but here it is absent. This is a place of worship but the commitee has turned it into a tourist attraction. I see peole of other races walking up the steps with shoes on and the are there to jog up the hill. THye have to put up a notice informing visitors to leave their shoes and slippers at the foot of the hill. I wonder how the area will look on Thaipusam day, Last year was a filth and this year need I say more.

Truth.8 Publish time 9-2-2006 08:04 PM

Originally posted by Freako at 3-2-2006 11:48 PM
I think the money collected could have been used to help out the poor Indian families around the area or around Selangor.....or maybe sponsor or provide scholarships to the Indian students.......i...
:setuju::setuju::setuju::setuju:

The idea of building this idol is to make money? More tourist and etc. where does those fund goes? can such fund contribute to poor Indian in Malaysia to achieved their goal or it goes to the committee members Batu caves templewhen they buy many houses and big cars?

Only time will tell.

p.s: is time for hindus to step up a special auditor to monitors those funds that coming frm this source, where it goes and how it used.

looking at batu cave now, it sound like commercial than seeking faith.

[ Last edited by Truth.8 at 9-2-2006 08:06 PM ]

Sephiroth Publish time 10-2-2006 07:34 AM

by Truth.8

The idea of building this idol is to make money? More tourist and etc. where does those fund goes? can such fund contribute to poor Indian in Malaysia to achieved their goal or it goes to the committee members Batu caves templewhen they buy many houses and big cars?

You are insulting people here. Go and preach at Christian column ... see if they care to listen to a Muslim who don't have what it takes to renounce his religion properly. ;)

If you see TV3 last night (9/2/2006) you could know that 60% of Hindus IN MALAYSIA don't even have chance to attend to primary school. This came shock to me. I could understand if this happened in India or some 3rd World Country but it happened right here in Malaysia. Shocking and deeply hurt that Malaysian Government spend more money spending fools to space than they do with effects to reeducate people.

Then some idiot like Kenkidd could whine that Gangsterism is a lot among Hindus because Hindusm. No one bothers to see that Government here is FAILING its responsiblity to its people. :agr:

Anyway, the news also featured one of the temple in Sunway which collected money from spiritual activities and make their own makeshift classrooms (out of containers) and take effects to teach children.

So don't come around here insulting Temples and their managements. They are doing better job than government who busy making name for itself in eyes of the World. :no:

fleurzsa: Sorry, edited ur post bcz was not suitable here. Thanks

[ Last edited by fleurzsa at 11-2-2006 05:09 PM ]

Truth.8 Publish time 13-2-2006 11:07 PM

You are insulting people here. Go and preach at Christian column ... see if they care to listen to a Muslim who don't have what it takes to renounce his religion properly.
---------------------------

Does my statments makes us sour? or u the committe members shaking legs and collecting money?
------------------------------

If you see TV3 last night (9/2/2006) you could know that 60% of Hindus IN MALAYSIA don't even have chance to attend to primary school. This came shock to me. I could understand if this happened in India or some 3rd World Country but it happened right here in Malaysia. Shocking and deeply hurt that Malaysian Government spend more money spending fools to space than they do with effects to reeducate people.

-----------------------

What happened to MAIKA when poor indians (mostly esate workers) invested money to this, thinking that life would change?
who is the brain child of setting up the company? why many subsidiriaes like Maika systems, maika rubber and few others close down?

-------------------

Then some idiot like Kenkidd could whine that Gangsterism is a lot among Hindus because Hindusm. No one bothers to see that Government here is FAILING its responsiblity to its people.

--------------------

Samy vellu comes from poor family but look at him now?can poor Indian when given opportunity behave like him? take for example like u, given a opportunity to work yet using company property debate here which not relevant to ur job/or does ur employer hire u for debate here?

that is a dishonest in u .
---------------------

Anyway, the news also featured one of the temple in Sunway which collected money from spiritual activities and make their own makeshift classrooms (out of containers) and take effects to teach children.

So don't come around here insulting Temples and their managements. They are doing better job than government who busy making name for itself in eyes of the World.

----------------------

oh really? we see how far it goes.

---------------------

By the way, why must decorate god with jewels? does earlier sages observed such ritual with god with golds????

Sephiroth Publish time 14-2-2006 07:40 AM

Oi ... Syaitan.8 ... go back to your race and help more priests circimcise their balls. ;)

barney50 Publish time 14-2-2006 10:30 AM

Originally posted by Truth.8:

Does my statments makes us sour? or u the committe members shaking legs and collecting money?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The duty of the committe is to manage the Temple funds according to standing order. So, where does it hurts you?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What happened to MAIKA when poor indians (mostly esate workers) invested money to this, thinking that life would change?
who is the brain child of setting up the company? why many subsidiriaes like Maika systems, maika rubber and few others close down?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have answere you in the other thread but morons like you would not understand so let me explain to youagain. MAIKA is an investmen arm of MIC like UE is to UMNO. Any investment is a risk and people who inves should understand that.No one forced any one to invest so you claim is baseless.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Samy vellu comes from poor family but look at him now?can poor Indian when given opportunity behave like him? take for example like u, given a opportunity to work yet using company property debate here which not relevant to ur job/or does ur employer hire u for debate here?

that is a dishonest in u .

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ask the same question to UMNO members and MB's. Don't you know that Samy has his own architect firm? Or are you stupid that you think ACA is stupid too.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By the way, why must decorate god with jewels? does earlier sages observed such ritual with god with golds????

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Where does the GOLD come from? To HIM it belongs and to HIM we surrender. Does it hurt your butt? Or are you jealous that GOD is getting all the attention. Oh! I'm sorry I forgot your GOD is a jealous GOD and as a follower you too are jealous. That makes sense. Like father like son.

Truth.8 Publish time 14-2-2006 12:21 PM

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e326/bernamapic/murugan.jpg

how come ur murugan wife oppsss i mean wives missing in action:2lol::2lol:

mind telling why his wives missing?

Truth.8 Publish time 14-2-2006 12:24 PM

Originally posted by Atomic_Omnikid at 2-2-2006 02:10 AM
Vetrivel Murugan ker..Aro Gara

what is aro gara??? i know murugaka but what is aro gara?

Truth.8 Publish time 14-2-2006 08:29 PM

Originally posted by barney50 at 14-2-2006 10:30 AM
Where does the GOLD come from? To HIM it belongs and to HIM we surrender. Does it hurt your butt? Or are you jealous that GOD is getting all the attention. Oh! I'm sorry I forgot your GOD is a jealous GOD and as a follower you too are jealous. That makes sense. Like father like son. .

I hve one question to ask u;

1) does ur earlier sages the true believer decorate gods with golds??

barney50 Publish time 15-2-2006 06:24 AM

Originallay posted by Truth.8:

I hve one question to ask u;

1) does ur earlier sages the true believer decorate gods with golds?

You moron Sages do not have gold ornaments nor did they live in luxury. It's we the ordinary people whose wish is to do so. Did Jesus ask you to put the cross at the altar of your church? Did Jesus ask you to celebrate Christmas? Diid Jesus ask you to celebrate thanks giving? Did Jesus you ot kiss the cross. Why do you do all this? Was it written in your bible or you are doing it for the love of Jesus? Please answer me or stop asking stupid questiona to irritate me.
Pages: [1] 2
View full version: World's Tallest Lord Murugan Statue.

ADVERTISEMENT