QIsmail Publish time 20-3-2021 01:00 PM

Duty free price or just another scam?

Edited by QIsmail at 20-3-2021 01:07 PM

Salam and hi everyone. I’ve been racking my brain - trying to find a 30th birthday gift for a close female friend. And I thought; what better gift to show I’m thinking of them than a designer brand bracelet?

So, I’ve been scouting - from budget-friendly like Pandora/Swarovski/Thomas Sabo to high-end ones like Tiffany & Co., etc. While doing so, I’ve found quite a number of shoppee sellers that offer kinda tempting (quite convincing!) designer bracelets at such a low price.

Of course - I’m not that naive as those deals seemed too good to be true. But the fact that they’re adamant that the items they sell are authentic albeit the low price (most of them claimed that the items they sell are acquired from duty free shops; hence significantly lower price). They also managed to produce certificate of authenticity and receipt.

So, to all seasoned shoppers here - what say you? Are these items really what they say they are; it’s just another scam from shoppee sellers?

(Been trying to upload pictures - but the format isn’t supported:(

_blackbird Publish time 20-3-2021 02:50 PM

fun fact: all items sold outside the flagship store / appointed dealer considered counterfeit.

bg aku seller shopee tu mmg confirm scam. brands biasa nya tak jatuhkan maruah dia dgn harga yg terlalu murah to good to be true. skang ni mmg dengan semua kecanggihan yg ada & tech, counterfeit item 99.99% identical dengan yang genuine dari segi quality, material, design dan juga the feeling when you touch the products

_blackbird Publish time 20-3-2021 02:58 PM

kalau u rasa barang tu harga yg mmg too good to be true, mmg harga yg murah tiada tandingan mmg la counterfeit. barang yg di claim duty free, manufacturing reject, defect item, tester tu semua bullshit. lagipon berapa byk je tax exemption per item sampai harga boleh too good to be true

QIsmail Publish time 20-3-2021 07:56 PM

_blackbird replied at 20-3-2021 02:50 PM
fun fact: all items sold outside the flagship store / appointed dealer considered counterfeit.

bg ...

Thank you for your reply. Very informative post.

johnkrick Publish time 21-4-2021 05:28 PM

Edited by johnkrick at 26-4-2021 05:29 AM

I once fell for a scam when I wanted to buy myself an inexpensive laptop. The most disgusting experience of my life. Then I came across a website with good discounts on laptops. I found a laptop model there that I wanted to buy. I immediately called the consultant, and we started talking. I couldn't suspect that they were scammers, as the operator was very nice to me and told everything very confidently. I asked a lot of questions that interested me, and he answered them. I was told how to pay for the goods on their website, and he also said that the delivery would be free. That pleased me, too. But after the payment, I couldn't contact them. I saved this money for a long time and so quickly gave it to scammers. I regret it. So I decided to find information on the Internet and came across this site http://wpaudioplayer.com/ . I found a lot of information I needed, and I hope I won't fall for them again.
Pages: [1]
View full version: Duty free price or just another scam?

ADVERTISEMENT