JonnyJobin Publish time 2-1-2020 06:44 PM

Jumanji 2: Not what I expected

When it came out, everybody was saying how good it was. "It was better than it should've been."So I watched it today, thinking it would be witty, funny, or at least be memorable. It was mediocre, at best. The humor was pretty raunchy for PG-13, I thought. Some of it was admittedly funny. But the villain was boring, and the emotional moments were corny. It was a pretty lame adventure film with no memorable locations.It would've been better with a longer run time or better editing. For example, when the Man Killer sacrificed herself at the end of the movie, I couldn't remember how many lives she had. It should've been made clear how many she had left.As a gamer, I felt that it was a almost a critique of video games written by people who hadn't played very many video games. I noticed that there were a few missed opportunities for the black guy to point out how contrived video game plots could be.It was just super corny and a mediocre Hollywood film. I haven't seen the original Jumanji in a while, but I'd be shocked if it was worse than Jumanji: Into the Jungle.I don't know, I just expected something good.

Pages: [1]
View full version: Jumanji 2: Not what I expected

ADVERTISEMENT