KILL_NANCY Publish time 10-4-2019 03:07 PM

A Paradox, the doughnut hole. Empty space, once, but now they've learned to market even that. A minus quantity; nothing, rendered edible. I wondered if they might be used-metaphorically, of course-to demonstrate the existence of God. Does naming a sphere of nothingness transmute it into being?

Margaret Atwood

KILL_NANCY Publish time 10-4-2019 03:08 PM

Some hae meat and canna eat,
And some wad eat that want it,
But we hae meat and we can eat,
And sae the Lord be thankit.

Robert Burns

KILL_NANCY Publish time 10-4-2019 03:09 PM

Ironically, the utterly unselective omnivore -- "I'm easy; I'll eat anything" -- can appear more socially sensitive than the individual who tries to eat in a way that is good for society.

Jonathan Safran Foer

KILL_NANCY Publish time 10-4-2019 03:10 PM

Food is an important part of a balanced diet.

Fran Lebowitz

KILL_NANCY Publish time 10-4-2019 03:13 PM

That without experimentation, a willingness to ask questions and try new things, we shall surely become static, repetitive, moribund.

Anthony Bourdain

KILL_NANCY Publish time 10-4-2019 03:14 PM

But if you're gonna dine with them cannibals
Sooner or later, darling, you're gonna get eaten . . .

Nick Cave

KILL_NANCY Publish time 10-4-2019 03:14 PM

I never touch sugar, cheese, bread...
I only like what I'm allowed to like. I'm beyond temptation. There is no weakness. When I see tons of food in the studio, for us and for everybody, for me it's as if this stuff was made out of plastic. The idea doesn't even enter my mind that a human being could put that into their mouth. I'm like the animals in the forest. They don't touch what they cannot eat.

Karl Lagerfeld

KILL_NANCY Publish time 10-4-2019 03:15 PM

Knowledge is the food of the soul.

Plato

KILL_NANCY Publish time 10-4-2019 03:16 PM

Mayonnaise: One of the sauces which serve the French in place of a state religion.

Ambrose Bierce

KILL_NANCY Publish time 10-4-2019 03:17 PM

The Cheesecake Factory is a great business model, but if you take your wife there for your 25th wedding anniversary, you might not reach your 26th.

Scott Adams

Wow ... hahaha

KILL_NANCY Publish time 10-4-2019 03:17 PM

When chickens get to live like chickens, they'll taste like chickens, too.

Michael Pollan

KILL_NANCY Publish time 10-4-2019 03:18 PM

I come from a home where gravy is a beverage.

Erma Bombeck

same :loveliness:

KILL_NANCY Publish time 10-4-2019 03:20 PM

Cakes are like books: There are new ones you want to read and old favorites you want to reread.

Ellen Rose

KILL_NANCY Publish time 10-4-2019 03:20 PM

I'm pretty sure that eating chocolate keeps wrinkles away because I have never seen a 10 year old with a Hershey bar and crows feet.

Amy Neftzger

KILL_NANCY Publish time 10-4-2019 03:22 PM

Garlic is divine. Few food items can taste so many distinct ways, handled correctly. Misuse of garlic is a crime...Please, treat your garlic with respect...Avoid at all costs that vile spew you see rotting in oil in screwtop jars. Too lazy to peel fresh? You don't deserve to eat garlic.

Anthony Bourdain

KILL_NANCY Publish time 10-4-2019 03:22 PM

Anyone who thinks they're too grown up or too sophisticated to eat caramel corn, is not invited to my house for dinner.

Ruth Reichl

KILL_NANCY Publish time 10-4-2019 03:23 PM

Feel what it's like to truly starve, and I guarantee that you'll forever think twice before wasting food.

Criss Jami

KILL_NANCY Publish time 10-4-2019 03:23 PM

Teaching kids how to feed themselves and how to live in a community responsibly is the center of an education.

Alice Waters

KILL_NANCY Publish time 10-4-2019 03:24 PM

Be sceptical, ask questions, demand proof. Demand evidence. Don't take anything for granted. But here's the thing: When you get proof, you need to accept the proof. And we're not that good at doing that.

Michael Specter

KILL_NANCY Publish time 10-4-2019 03:25 PM

It's salt. Why don't you sprinkle some on me, honey? Aren't I just good enough to eat?

Grant Morrison
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9
View full version: Food @ Drink Quotes...

ADVERTISEMENT