manjalara_01 Publish time 16-9-2016 12:14 AM

"Here's Where The Story Ends"_The Sundays

Edited by manjalara_01 at 16-9-2016 12:23 AM

n35C0j3LLB0

The Sundays (stylized as The SUNDAYS on all releases) were an English alternative rock band. The band formed in the late 1980s and released three albums in the 1990s.The Sundays secured a recording contract with Rough Trade Records. Their debut single was "Can't Be Sure". Their first album,Reading, Writing and Arithmetic was released in 1990, along with their next single "Here's Where the Story Ends". The album was a UK Top 5 hit.

"I think this song is about a person who is aliented from society ("I'm on the outside") due to her inability to resolve past issues. She undergoes an emotional journey when rehashing the events that took place during this time of her life.

Her feelings flow from regret/guilt ("I never should have said the books that you read were all I loved you for"), to embarrassment/vulnerability ("The memories of your shed make me turn red") and to blame/accountability ("The devil in me said go down to the shed").

She eventually sees the humor/irony and the good things that came from the situation. For example, during most of the song she states that the "little souvenir" "makes my eyes feel sore" and "makes me wonder why," whereas the lyrics near the end state that the little souvenir "makes me smile inside." Moreover, as another reviewer stated she refers to the once "terrible" year as "colorful" towards the end of the song.
As much as she wants to be completely upset, she can't. Life is bittersweet. Sometimes it takes time to process things and appreciate the value of past experiences. I think the title, "Here's where the story ends," means letting go of resentment, attitudes, memories, and/or relationships."

"Here's Where The Story Ends"

People I know, places I go
Make me feel tongue tied
I can see how, people look down
They're on the inside

Here's where the story ends

People I see, weary of me
Showing my good side
I can see how, people look down
I'm on the outside

Here's, where the story ends
Ooh here's, where the story ends